The Force Awakens

Talk about whatever you wish.
Magyk
Graphics Guru

The Force Awakens

Post by Magyk »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLk59H86ww

Okay, so this deserves it's own topic. Let's discuss.

1.) Is the voice over Benedict Cumberbatch? It certainly sounds like Smaug, and he's already worked with JJA before.

2.) Dat lightsaber. Seems like you either like it, or you don't. Given the amount of hands we've seen chopped off in the first 6 movies I can't believe it took someone that long to try to yews some kind of a crossguard on a saber.

3.) Rolling ball droid. Also a thing people seem to either like or hate. I think it just goes to show us that the lightheartedness of Star Wars will remain intact, which is a good thing.

4.) Even only seeing a few seconds glimpse of the new main leads (stormtrooper and speeder riding chick) I have to say they certainly seem to fit the parts.

5.) MILLENNIUM FALCONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Caesar

Re: The Force Awakens

Post by Caesar »

I was hoping for more of a preview, perhaps a glimpse of the plot. To me, the lightsaber hilt seems really stupid. I never thought of the whole hand being chopped off thing, but maybe they could have made it more visually attractive. It looks like Disney held a 'who can come up with cool new things for Star Wars VII' contest, hence the hilt, the title, and the droid ball.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Love the hilt. Personally wouldn't have added blades to the ends, but I've been behind a sword-hilt saber for many years.

CHEW

Post by CHEW »

Hilt, I would like it more if the cross guard wasn't in a place to be easily cut from the rest of the hilt. Seems impractical, and not very useful.

Actors looked fine but they had no speaking lines in the trailer so can't really assess them yet. We could get anakin deliveries and ruin it.

But dat falcon! And the x wings looked fucking amazing. Great quality, can't wait to see that shit, if it releases in IMAX (and I don't see why it wouldn't) I am driving to Nashville to see it.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

The hilt doesn't bother me so much because we've seen personalized sabers before. Darth Maul's noobstick, Dooku's curved saber, yoda's small blade, Grievous quad-wielding, and hell, even Luke's green blade was new at the time. In the EU (yes, I know Disney threw out the EU) we've seen handles made from Krayt Dragon teeth, saber whips, and pretty much everything else under the sun.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Where is Jakab to chastise Magyk and remind me that "it's = it is"

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Oh my bad, I thought this was the internet.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

I like the idea of a hilt - I used to wonder as a kid why there wasn't one - if you get into a saber lock the guy could just slide down and cut your hand off. I don't really like the blades coming out the side though, just isn't really attractive visually.

Droid ball was hilarious, Millenium Falcon was sexy and the voiceover was pretty aesthetic imo.

Kain
The Twelve Year Old

Post by Kain »

I'm super excited. I'm definitely in the camp that I don't care what it is as long as its more Star Wars, I will be happy. If you guys haven't seen it, I would recommend watching the Attack the Block. It's John Boyega's first movie he was in, and I really enjoyed it.

I think the hilt is a cool thing to see implemented. I'm not in love with it, but I think it leaves the door open for some really cool back story.

Millennium Falcon and X-Wings looked so good! The hype is real in me.

shulba
Tensor's minion

Post by shulba »

I dont understand all this controversy about the lightsaber.