Battlefront

Talk about whatever you wish.
Duo

Battlefront

Post by Duo »

Initial thoughts on the beta:

Hoth is very open and huge. Unless you dig into a camping spot, you get raped from random directions a lot.

The smaller map was fun and more strategically interesting, but I think Battlefield 4's squad deathmatch/squad rush gametypes are strategically better and less clusterfucky.

Battlefield has much better teamwork, and that's really saying something. Replacing the 4-person "squad" system with the 2-person "partner" system was a terrible idea.

I don't like that shooting down walkers just involves having enough teammates spam click on it with e11 for long enough(yes, blaster rifles can damage AT-STs and even AT-ATs in this game!) It's more interesting if they are specialized rocket weapons that can rape the walkers, like Battlefield. It makes driving the walker very uninteresting. Instead of having to move strategically, take out anti-tank soldiers, and dodge rockets, you just try to survive being spammed with 9999999 e11 shots for as long as possible.

90% of people piloting fighters have no fucking clue what they are doing, and usually just jihad crash into the ground within a few seconds.

I don't like that vehicles are really just "powerups" that seem to come out of nowhere, instead of being a pre-spawned part of the world at predictable, logical positions.

reborn boss is strategically very simple and retarded. You are just a bullet sponge with 9999 hp and everyone spams shots at you. There isn't much tactical movement, and your kills are one hit. It's easy mode for both teams. You click on people to kill them, and if enough enemies just hold down click on you for long enough, you die.

2 player coop mode was very fun. This was my favorite gametype so far. They only let you play normal difficulty in the beta, which is way too easy. Looking forward to trying more maps on harder difficulties.

Why the fuck does this game not have dedicated servers? Battlefield 4 did.... We'll never be able to play pugs/private games. There will always be random shitties joining who have no idea what they are doing, and the teams will get uneven because it doesn't have autobalance. Have fun playing 5v9.

Lack of classes is lame. Makes the gameplay too homogeneous. There are no medics, anti-tank guys, etc....just dozens and dozens of clones carrying blaster rifles, doing the same thing.

Graphics look amazing.

No in-game voice chat, which is absurd in 2015.

Much, much less interesting than siege strategically, but more balanced weaponry. It's fun in a casual way. Not a "siege killer" imo. It's a different game, closer to Battlefield than JK3.

EDIT Oct 15: Holy shit, this game has a lot of flaws. I've found many more ways this game sucks besides the ones listed above.
Last edited by Duo on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Laser
Kopite

Re: Battlefront

Post by Laser »

Haven't got a pc close to capable of running this game
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Duo

Post by Duo »

Laser wrote:Haven't got a pc close to capable of running this game

If you didn't play/like Battlefield, you won't miss much with this game. It's basically a simplified version of BF4 with a Star Wars theme.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Duo wrote:
Laser wrote:Haven't got a pc close to capable of running this game

If you didn't play/like Battlefield, you won't miss much with this game. It's basically a simplified version of BF4 with a Star Wars theme.

I had battlefield 3 for the xbox 360, I didn't think much of that. Never played bf4, though.
Last edited by Laser on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

LORD

Post by LORD »

Haven't got a pc close to capable of running this game
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

shulba
Tensor's minion

Post by shulba »

drop zone is fun
big map empire is too OP

first person sucks, 3rd person is much better
zooming to aim is not so useful

never played any battlefield games, so i dunno about that

It's a fun game, but I doubt I'll buy it

Duo

Post by Duo »

shulba wrote:drop zone is fun
big map empire is too OP

first person sucks, 3rd person is much better
zooming to aim is not so useful

never played any battlefield games, so i dunno about that

It's a fun game, but I doubt I'll buy it

where the fuck have you been

shulba
Tensor's minion

Post by shulba »

playing fantasy nfl and league of legends on a shitty spic server

I don't have jka installed. cant believe ppl still play it

add me on origen if you wanna play the beta. should be Shulba1
but I'm a noob on the big map

shulba
Tensor's minion

Post by shulba »

actually I think ill get this game. I had fun in the beta.

Hoth is too chaotic, but I loved drop zone (also chaotic, but not as much as hoth obviously) and the missions seems fun too

Duo

Post by Duo »

shulba wrote:actually I think ill get this game. I had fun in the beta.

Hoth is too chaotic, but I loved drop zone (also chaotic, but not as much as hoth obviously) and the missions seems fun too

I think I'll get it, too, but it won't be my favorite game ever. I like coop, so the coop mode is enough for me to buy it. Drop zone was decent, but not great imo. Hoth is way too huge and chaotic.