Battlefront

Talk about whatever you wish.
Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Re: Battlefront

Post by Darth_Wayne »

Duo wrote:Well I'd caution you guys to wait for TotalBiscuit/ZeroPunctuation reviews(or any other non-shitty/non-corporate shill game reviewer) to come out before buying. It's clearly intended for casuals who might not otherwise buy a shooter if it weren't Star Wars-themed. Don't be fooled by the sexy graphics; there are a LOT of glaring gameplay problems with this game. It's an extremely watered-down and shittified version of Battlefield, and the only thing keeping it above a single-digit Metacritic score is the fact that it's Star Wars-themed.

Unless you have a steady source of disposable income, there are a lot of ways you could better spend your $60. You could buy a 12-month anonymous VPN subscription for less than that, and torrent all the shit you want for free without any remote fear of getting sued for a year.

Same

shulba
Tensor's minion

Post by shulba »

sup

Duo

Post by Duo »

Greetings

LORD

Post by LORD »

Got an opportunity to play it 4 while on my bro's PC. It's a good game with amazing GFX. Didn't saw all gametypes but they're quite various, definitely better than in old battlefronts. But gameplay reminds me playing old battleferonts. I don't like pressing button to spawn all the time, i would prefer autospawn, well maybe im to much used to siege idk.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Duo

Post by Duo »

LORD wrote:I don't like pressing button to spawn all the time, i would prefer autospawn, well maybe im to much used to siege idk.

Yeah, the spawning system is a bit annoying. Especially if you play with a partner, because you get used to clicking "partner spawn" and then sometimes it won't let you click it. So then you click the normal spawn button, and at the last moment you see that the "partner spawn" button was lit up again...

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

I realize that I may be commenting on things that have been changed since the BETA,
but I didn't see them mentioned:

You are meant to die a ton in this game...hence the instant spawns.

I think this game is intended for a quick fight, random, fast-paced action,
loaner kinda crowd. It explains the obvious lack of VOIP in 2015.

While teamwork is not the focus of this game, just imagine what a real team could do.

Walker snowtrooper really requires that you hold the consoles...or whatever they call them.
The longer you hold them, the more Y-Wings you call in to lick the AT-ATs.

While it's not JA and E11s and other rifles damage the walkers...it's not much...unless you have the ION card.

Walkers also have soft spots...AT-AT belly and AT-ST back.
Walkers are not the beasts they are in JA.
But no freeze...you have to move fast and kill what you can...just like on foot.

Star cards means everyone can make virtually any class they want.
While limited, you can have a couple nice hands...
Plus in some gametypes you can share your partner's current hand...giving you three, effectivley.
You can change your 2 hands between each round & pick between the 2(or 3) each death.)

The vehicle spawns are in pretty predictable places...chances are that somebody else has already grabbed it, however.

Yes, the single player mode lacks any story really, but it is fun and would probably be great in CO-OP.

Other thoughts:

A) I leveled primarily doing the starfighter stuff...

It doesn't matter your level, weapon, or star cards....
ships are all pretty equal.(minus rebs being OP with shields :( )

You won't need to spend any charges (star card related) while in a ship.

Matches are pretty short and there's AI ships too, if you're a real noob. :)
Shooting down real dudes grants you AND your team more points (3x)

You're going to need a TON of credits to level up all your weapons and abilities,
so DON'T BUY COSMETICS!!

B) Heros VS Villians is an awesome gametype...

6v6 3 heroes per team(Vader/Emp/Boba VS Luke/Han/Leia) plus you get a chance of spawning as an elite guard...
which is kinda badass.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Max Rambone wrote:While teamwork is not the focus of this game, just imagine what a real team could do.

Yeah, I agree, it'd be good to see. Am I right in thinking there are still no dedicated servers, though?
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I enjoy this game, but I am upset the DLC is like $50 or whatever.

Because I'm probably going to wind up buying it.

And I hate that.