Rogue One teaser trailer

Talk about whatever you wish.
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Re: Rogue One teaser trailer

Post by Magyk »

Caesar wrote:I don't mind pitting good against evil. I never said that anywhere.

Caesar wrote:Dude x rebels against the empire. Haven't seen that before!

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Rebelling =/= pitting good against evil. America rebelled against GB, but that certainly doesn't make them evil. Rebellion is a violent way of expressing discontent. C'mon English major, why is your argument flawed?

Still waiting for Ceasar's movie pitch that doesn't boil down to good vs. evil.

Luke Skywalker opening a fast-food restaurant would be more interesting than another Death-Star-themed movie. He could open the restaurant with Vader and name it 'Dos Bros Tacos.' How original is this?

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Are you trying to tell me that in the context of the Star Wars universe the Rebels are not good and the Empire is not evil?

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Caesar wrote:Just start naming your films Death Star III, Death Star IV, Death Star V etc..

LOL

When I was 13 I tried to write Star Wars 7, it was fun, it had something called the "Death Galaxy", you can imagine what it could do.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Onasi

Post by Onasi »

aradorasxeon wrote:LOL

When I was 13 I tried to write Star Wars 7, it was fun, it had something called the "Death Galaxy", you can imagine what it could do.

Actually, that is a thing! Kind of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tvKk9AR4Rg

Also at this rate by the time we reach episode 9 the next Death Star will literally be of a size of a star; so while probably not a galaxy, a solar system is not entirely out of question.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Magyk wrote:Are you trying to tell me that in the context of the Star Wars universe the Rebels are not good and the Empire is not evil?

I rest my case.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Are you trying to tell me that in the context of the Star Wars universe the Rebels are not good and the Empire is not evil?

I am telling you that. The "Empire" is literally a bunch of overzealous imperialists who sympathize with a single individual (darth sidious). The only person in the entire series who is truly evil is Darth Sidious. Even Vader has a heart. The entire "Empire" is a bunch of brainless soldiers who obey orders w/o question. The same thing can be said about the Nazi Regime. Hitler was evil. His army was just obeying orders. If you look at the Nuremberg trials and post WWII record, many of the Nazi's were not even aware of the atrocities of Hitler's final solution. Some even repented. I would venture to guess Star Wars is loosely based on WWII events; therefore, I would argue that your premise (the "Empire" is evil), is incorrect, as a single individual is evil, not the entire "Empire."

I rest my case

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

The empire is evil in the same way the Nazis are, quite a lot of inspiration for the empire was drawn from them I think. The organisation as a whole is evil that doesn't mean every individual that is part of it is evil. Evil is mostly subjective, you can draw up a case for almost any political organisation to be evil, few are as agreed upon as the Nazis.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I guess I missed the scene in A New Hope where Darth said "Let's nuke Alderaan!" and some of the Imperials were like "lol, wait, for real?"

Or when the storm troopers went to kill Luke's aunt and uncle and one of them was like "Why are we killing these innocent people just for information?"

Or the murder of all the Jawa's who held R2/C3PO

Or when they just occupied Cloud City for no reason other than "Well, Han Solo is there so..."

Or when they extorted Lando for no reason other than "Well, he's Han Solo's friend, so..."

Or their constant consorting with criminal kingpins (The Hutts) who deal in the trades of sex and drugs and murder.

Or the Empire-run slave trade of Wookies.

Or the torture or political prisoners (Han, Leia)

But yeah that was just the Emperor.

The Emperor who was totally an active character in the first two movies of the trilogy.

schrute
pingmaser

Post by schrute »

Fuck jawas.