Rogue One teaser trailer

Talk about whatever you wish.
LORD

Re: Rogue One teaser trailer

Post by LORD »

Stormtroopers were clones and also recruits, much of clones died in clone wars and during rise of the empire and they had to get new ones, and they decided to take ppl, there was no time 4 ordering new clones. And first order stormtroopers are only humans (or aliens :O) after special training programme. Peace.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

schrute
pingmaser

Post by schrute »

Caesar wrote:A cursory Google search:

Just because all clones are stormtroopers doesn't mean all stormtroopers are clones

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Caesar has never seen the Star Wars movies.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

I did not memorize the dialogue from the original trilogy; however, if I remember correctly, Luke never specified where he wanted to go. I believe the movie left it ambiguous. If my memory is lacking, the imperial academy is not an integral part of the plot, or it would play a much larger role in the storyline. The transition from the prequels to the original trilogy implies the clones evolved into the storm troopers. Aside from a brief conversation in IV, there is little to no evidence to suggest the majority of storm troopers are recruits.

Furthermore, if indeed the majority of storm troopers are recruits, then you have contradicted yourself. The empire is brainwashing its citizens, which PROVES my point from before. Assuming the majority of storm troopers are recruits, then the empire almost parallels Hitler's regíme. WHICH, in turn, 100% solidifies my earlier point(s) regarding hitler and the innocence of many storm troopers in relation to the evil dictations of palpatine.

GF

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Not really because there is no evidence they are "brainwashing" their citizens lol. It is open recruitment like almost every military in the world. At the very best, your argument is "well, maybe they yews propaganda" - like, you know, every army in the world. Eg: Be All You Can Be, The Few, the Proud, the Marines. I guess you think the US Military is brainwashing us too.

Fact of the matter is the Empire represents evil, the Alliance represents good and anyone that can't swallow that pill is a fucking retard.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Riddle me this: who would sign up to die? For citizens to sign up via open recruitment, they must have some sense of patriotism or strong conviction(s) about the good of their nation. The Empire must be brainwashing their citizens. How else can Palpatine justify his actions? Again, I stress Palpatine is the evil one. Granted, some of his soldiers may share his sentiments, the majority believe Palpatine is acting for the betterment of the galaxy (would say society, but not sure what one would call the star wars universe). Thus, i) Palpatine is the evil one, not the collective empire. Calling the empire evil is like calling all Middle Eastern citizens terrorists ii) the soldiers are brainwashed and most (not all) can not be held accountable iii) there is no definitive proof which suggests storm troopers are largely recruited iv) there is strong evidence which links clones to storm troopers. The movie suggests they are one in the same.

Kain
The Twelve Year Old

Post by Kain »

I love the fact that Ceasar can be baited into argument about a fucking fictional movie, and then he makes an analogy to the Middle East.

This guy is really fucking smart. LOL

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

It's astounding what a colossal retard you are.

There is a ridiculous amount of evidence in JUST THE FIRST MOVIE that the Empire is supposed to be an evil entity.

Here we have the description of Luke as per the STAR WARS screenplay:

Luke Skywalker, a farm boy with heroic aspirations who looks
much younger than his eighteen years.

he·ro
ˈhirō/
noun
the chief male character in a book, play, or movie, who is typically identified with good qualities, and with whom the reader is expected to sympathize.

Luke, the HERO of the movie is opposed to the Empire. Strike one.

BEN: An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand
generations the reborn boss Knights were the guardians of peace and justice
in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.

Ben Kenobi outright calling the Empire evil. Strike two.

BEN: A young reborn boss named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he
turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the reborn boss
Knights.

Strike three.

Here, George Lucas straight up calls Darth Vader evil:

INTERIOR: REBEL BLOCKADE RUNNER -- CORRIDOR

The evil Darth Vader stands amid the broken and twisted bodies
of his foes. He grabs a wounded Rebel Officer by the neck as
an Imperial Officer rushes up to the Dark Lord.

Strike four.

What does an evil empire do? WHY, I SUPPOSE THEY WOULD BUILD EVIL THINGS!

EXTERIOR: SPACE.

An Imperial Stardestroyer heads toward the evil planet-like
battle station: the Death Star!

And I suppose they would employ EVIL LEADERS!

the Grand Moff Tarkin, governor of the Imperial
outland regions, enters. He is followed by his powerful ally,
The Sith Lord, Darth Vader. All of the generals stand and bow
before the thin, evil-looking governor as he takes his place
at the head of the table.

Imperial Officer Cass stands before Governor Tarkin and the
evil Dark Lord Darth Vader.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home
aboard her starship

The sinister Dark Lord stares hard
at the frail young senator, but she doesn't move.

Grand Moff Tarkin casts a sinister eye at the computer screen.

sin·is·ter
ˈsinistər/
giving the impression that something harmful or evil is happening or will happen.

Oh, and then there's the OPENING CRAWL FROM THE MOVIE.

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a
hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic
Empire.

Go fuck yourself.

LORD

Post by LORD »

Nice post Mag : o
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Onasi

Post by Onasi »

Alright everyone, calm your panties.

Claiming that every single person serving the Empire was evil is just ludicrous. Even the EU has spent most of it's time establishing that was not the case.

“Because the mountain is only part of what I need,” Thrawn told him. “I also require the partnership of a reborn boss Master like yourself.”

C’baouth settled back into his cushion, a cynical smile showing through his beard. “Ah, we finally get down to it. This, I take it, is where you offer me all the power even a reborn boss Master could desire?”

Thrawn smiled back. “It is indeed. Tell me, Master C’baoth: are you familiar with the Imperial Fleet’s disastrous defeat at the Battle of Endor five years ago?”

“I’ve heard rumors. One of the offworlders who came here spoke about it.” C’baoth gaze drifted to the window, to the palace visible across the square. “Though only briefly.”

Pellaeon swallowed. Thrawn himself didn’t seem to notice the implication. “Then you must have wondered how a few dozen Rebel ships could possibly rout an Imperial force that outgunned it by at least ten to one.”

“I didn’t spend much time with such wonderings,” C’baoth said dryly. “I assumed that the Rebels were simply better warriors.”

“In a sense that’s true,” Thrawn agreed. “The Rebels did indeed fight better, but not because of any special abilities or training. They fought better than the Fleet because the Emperor was dead.”

He turned to look at Pellaeon. “You were there, Captain – you must have noticed it. The sudden loss of coordination between crew members and ships; the loss of efficiency and discipline. The loss, in short, of that elusive quality we call fighting spirit."

“There was confusion, yes,” Pellaeon said stiffly. He was starting to see where Thrawn was going with this, and he didn’t like it a bit. “But nothing that can’t be explained by the normal stress of battle.”

One blue-black eyebrow went up, just slightly. “Really? The loss of the Executor—the sudden, last minute TIE fighter incompetence that brought about the destruction of the Death Star itself—the loss of six other Star Destroyers in engagements that none of them should have had trouble with? All of that nothing but normal battle stress?”

“The Emperor was not directing the battle,” Pellaeon snapped with a fire that startled him. “Not in any way. I was there, Admiral—I know.”

“Yes, Captain, you were there.” Thrawn said, his voice abruptly hard. “And it’s time you gave up your blindfold and faced the truth, no matter how bitter you find it. You had no real fighting spirit of your own anymore—none of you in the Imperial Fleet did. It was the Emperor’s will that drove you; the Emperor’s mind that provided you with the strength and resolve and efficiency. You were as dependent on that presence as if you were all borg-implanted into a combat computer.”

While the imperials weren't exactly brainwashed, they also never had a choice, they just did whatever the emperor wanted them to. That is by the way why just killing the emperor meant that the rebels have won.
The empire in itself isn't evil or good, it just happened to be lead by 2 Sith Lords.

Before the dark times, before the Empire.
Seeing how most of the reborn boss got killed when the republic fell, no wonder OB1 considers that dark times.

Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until heturned to evil, helped the Empire
Anakin became a sith, thus became evil. That was even before the empire was formed. He then continues to be evil:
The evil Darth Vader stands amid the broken and twisted bodies of his foes.

All of the generals stand and bow before the thin, evil-looking governor as he takes his place at the head of the table.
Evil looking != evil. Besides, Tarkin used to be an admiral in the republic. That would mean the republic also employed evil leaders.:(

I was gonna make more points but I got bored. Can we just agree that ep7 is a horrible movie and that it is not within Mickey Mouse's power to make a good star wars movie??? :|