World Cup - South Africa 2010

Talk about whatever you wish.
Sakke

Re: World Cup - South Africa 2010

Post by Sakke »

nightwatch wrote:Why do world cup refs suck so much?
Becuase every country gets to send one.
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?

§ Vail §

Post by § Vail § »

A pitiful match from the team the whole world has learned to expect so much from. There's nothing to be said about this match except that it should have have ended 3-0 instead of 1-0. Spain was better in every way, the spanish players ran after the ball, instead of idling around waiting around waiting for someone to pick it up and had much more chances. The germans couldnt string together more than 2 passes before losing the ball. It seems to be our fate to lost to the future champions in the semi final. Unlike the serbia game, i dont feel disappointed or angry at all, when you play such pitiful football, you deserve to lose. We'll probably lose to Uruguay, there'll be no fighting spirit left in the german players.
I would have rather wanted it to end 5-0 then 1-0 so our players would know how badly they really played and how they smashed the, for the first time in a long time, realistic chance at the cup for an entire nation. Spains goal was long overdue and as I said, they deserved to win the match.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

LANDO DONOVAN!

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Less QQ more Pew Pew

nightwatch

Post by nightwatch »

That should have been Uruguay's game... All the German goals were pretty lucky (and scrappy). If only the free kick had been one inch lower... Forlan is the only one who can tame the jubulani apparently.

Btw. Goal of the world cup with Forlan's volley.

§ Vail §

Post by § Vail § »

Uruguay might have had 'better' goals but if anyone deserved to be in the top 3 it would be Germany, seeing as they thrashed England and Argentina and had to walk down 'the road of death' after the group stage. And yes, forlan's goal was amazing.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Germany > Uruguay but it was only the 3rd place playoff so I don't think it seems that important to the players after they've been knocked out of the main competition and denied a place in the showpiece occasion, so it was more like a high profile friendly.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

nightwatch

Post by nightwatch »

§ Vail § wrote:Uruguay might have had 'better' goals but if anyone deserved to be in the top 3 it would be Germany, seeing as they thrashed England and Argentina and had to walk down 'the road of death' after the group stage. And yes, forlan's goal was amazing.
Correct. In my opinion, Uruguay deserved to win the match but Germany deserved to hold third place.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

España Campeones Del Mundo

They deserved it overall, and I'm glad the aggressive, disgusting style of play on show from the Dutch in the final didn't get the better of Spain, it would have been bad for football.

CONGRATULATIONS SPAIN!
Less QQ more Pew Pew

watergate

Post by watergate »

Felicidades para la Furia Roja :D