World Cup - South Africa 2010

Talk about whatever you wish.
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Re: World Cup - South Africa 2010

Post by Magyk »

Congrats Spain, it was a good match. Very fun to watch.

I don't think Holland's play was exactly "disgusting", aside from that one kick the chest early on (by Van Bommel, I believe?) there were many calls that could have gone either way, or shouldn't have been called at all.
I'm not sure if you're one of those people that think that diving is "part of the game", but I found Spain's flopping (particularly by Villa and Iniesta,) and complaining about the very few calls that didn't go their way to be more disgusting than the aggressive dutch play.
There was hardly any malice in the Dutch challenges, and cards were given on a few occasions when Dutch players didn't even touch a Spaniard.

Spain was probably the better side, but I think it should be acknowledged that the referee DID unfortunately skew the results of this match (intentionally or not.)

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

congrats yo, :P spain is a very good team..
but even way was the most bored match ever seen on a final xDDDD

nightwatch

Post by nightwatch »

Magyk wrote:Congrats Spain, it was a good match. Very fun to watch.

I don't think Holland's play was exactly "disgusting", aside from that one kick the chest early on (by Van Bommel, I believe?) there were many calls that could have gone either way, or shouldn't have been called at all.
I'm not sure if you're one of those people that think that diving is "part of the game", but I found Spain's flopping (particularly by Villa and Iniesta,) and complaining about the very few calls that didn't go their way to be more disgusting than the aggressive dutch play.
There was hardly any malice in the Dutch challenges, and cards were given on a few occasions when Dutch players didn't even touch a Spaniard.

Spain was probably the better side, but I think it should be acknowledged that the referee DID unfortunately skew the results of this match (intentionally or not.)
I agree. Iniesta's dive to get Heteinga was disgusting. And I was going for Spain too. Btw, it was De Jong who kicked Xabi Alonso in the chest.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

I'm English, I HATE diving.

As for malice, there was plenty of malice in some of the Dutch 'tackles' flying in in the first half.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

nightwatch

Post by nightwatch »

Laser wrote:I'm English, I HATE diving.

As for malice, there was plenty of malice in some of the Dutch 'tackles' flying in in the first half.
Agreed. The final wasn't that fun to watch, unlike the third place matchup.

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

IMO the kick to the chest was a direct red. That had nothing whatsoever to do with football. The ref started out alright, but lost it when he didn't dare to follow up. (In the second half he started talking to the players instead of handing them the cards they deserved.)

I was a bit sad that they did get the goal. After too many boring minutes, I was looking forward to a round of penalty kicks.
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?

§ Vail §

Post by § Vail § »

Robben should've gotten another yellow card after he shot the ball 10 seconds after the whistle, De jong should've gotten red and Van bommel also deserved another yellow card so Holland should only have had 7 players left on the towards the end of the match , since 1 player had already been sent off

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

Did anyone see Denmark vs Japan?
Two Japanese players were handed yellows cards for prolonging a free kick.
Cool ref.
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?

LORD

Post by LORD »

GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

that octopus has 'retired'
Less QQ more Pew Pew