tens0r

Re: World Cup - South Africa 2010

Post by tens0r »

I'm crying.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Not really sure what I can say to sum up England, perhaps this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP_Tnwqq1TQ

Would have changed the game, I'm saddened on behalf of the world cup, congrats Germany, you probably deserved it because of our woeful defending and your great counter attacks.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

umad

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

A bit, what a bunch of letdowns that team was, we had such high hopes for our 'golden generation', they didn't even turn up, and barely ever do to major tournaments.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

England. :D Shambolic performance, Lampard was the closest they had to a player contributing something positive. Terry had a stinker at the back, Johnson was horrible as always and Stevie Me trying to be the hero and failing again, needs to be stripped of his captaincy if this team want to go anywhere. All this media hype behind England needs to stop and their youth development needs a massive overhaul. England fans seem to genuinely believe their players are as good as any other nation's (they're not). There's a reason they don't have clever creative players like Ozil and Muller, and that's because running hard for 90 minutes and "getting stuck in" is more cherished than real technical ability.

/rant, and sorry Laser, but seeing England crash out in this fashion made my day.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

This CAN guy talks down when he lost 4 times in a row in the qualifyer!

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

We do have the players with the ability to win trophies, in qualifying we showed this with results like 6-0 over Croatia and beating Germany in Berlin 2008.

The standout players we have, amongst the best in the world are Gerrard, Rooney, Terry and Ashley Cole.

In the Premier League, these players are world class, when it comes to England, they can just become a lot of good individual players, and not a team at all.

It really is a shame that the Premier League is dominated by the best foreign players, leaving little room for better English players to surface without being offloaded to Spain (no offence Yo).

England haven't been the same team since Terry got caught having an affair with Wayne Bridge's wife, it's ridiculous how the media can affect the National Team, they should just avoid the media and get on with the job in hand.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Bane

Post by Bane »

I'm shocked too but Germany was the better team in the game and I am so ticked that USA lost we were better than Ghana we had so many chances.. Argentina......... Yeah. I now hope Portugal wins because Christiano Ronaldo is my fav player.

watergate

Post by watergate »

Why don't the refs check footage playbacks? That match between England and Germany would have played out differently if that goal was marked, and Argentina vs Mexico as well, there was an offside goal, I don't know what was going on in FIFA's collective heads when they hired those refs.

Ýô

Post by Ýô »

Bane wrote:I'm shocked too but Germany was the better team in the game and I am so ticked that USA lost we were better than Ghana we had so many chances.. Argentina......... Yeah. I now hope Portugal wins because Christiano Ronaldo is my fav player.
who the fuck likes cristiano ronaldo