Re: zomb_atrium (L4D2 map)

Post by Wufei Chang »

Nice, L4D2 Scavenge is always fun on the Mall atruim map
2 Mobile Suits to choose from: Blitz , and Altron

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

j3rk wrote:enh, don't believe the hype. as much as i enjoy the ego boost, there's nothing that i do that any other n00b couldn't do. i think my stuff gets a little attention now and then just cuz i'm one of a dwindling number of remaining siege mapperz.

to answer your question though, my first map was h3hsiege and i think that was released in '05 or '06.

Agreed, anyone can do this, but the longer you do it, the better your technique will get. Ideas and methods that a noob (say, me) works out the first time may be old hat to an experienced mapper.

lorax
That one guy.

Post by lorax »

Well... I'm taking a break from end of the year studying to post this :)
Awesome map btw... been too busy to say so...

And yeah, I think I've been pretty adamant on my wanting of crazy lighting effects for a while, so I don't think I really need to say anything more...

j3rk wrote:enh, don't believe the hype. as much as i enjoy the ego boost, there's nothing that i do that any other n00b couldn't do.

That may be, but they couldn't make the stuff you do in the time that you do. Anybody can build an airplane, but it's going to take forever to make and be really terrible for most people.

And now on to my obligatory list of questions!!!!!!!! (never played L4D(any) so these might seem dumb...)
*Can you go on the roof?!?!
*Is there some sort of basement?!?!
*How big is it about?!?! (hoth codes/small, theed beginning/medium, des end/large)?!?!
*Are there a lot of stairs or do you have to be a ninja?!?!
--subquestion: I see railings... can you ninja over them or are you trapped on that level?!?!
*Do you already have an easter egg?!?!

Onto obligatory list of ideas that probably cannot be implemented without intense hacking :)
*hackable turrets that can be used as a trap for either side
*Gungan MANNEQUINS!!!! (this is a must, will not play if not in :) )
*lots-o-vents?!?! would decrease on camping in rooms if there was a secondary entrance to most
*lightsaber vending machine, really fucking long hack in the middle of the mall to get one :)
*tauntauns as segways?!?! rofl... would be hallarious
*elevator music (like in family guy, blue harvest on the death star) in the elevators
Image <----- Like a boss!!!

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

lorax wrote:egg?!?!
Less QQ more Pew Pew

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

heh, lorax... don't have time to reply to all that but i'll see what i can include. the turret room sounds hilarious tbh. i am trying to make sure that all campable areas have secondary routes in/out though.

EDIT:
I decided to release a mad early version for those who want to check it out and give me more ideas. I also included the .map for those who care about such things.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20346369 ... m_test.zip
(since this is literally just a preview version and only works in FFA atm i'm not going to put it on Zombieland Classic)

Things that are not in yet which will definitely be in the next version based on ideas presented so far:
- traps (inc. turret traps, heheh)
- vents
- flickering lights... trying to figure out how to add some without them looking cheesy
- "shootable" lights
- zombeh killing neurotoxin (not the same as a trap, serves a unique purpose)
- easter eggz (i yanked them out of this version so as not to spoil em)

P.S. Lor, I'm trying to keep it to a fairly non-goofy theme, so i probably won't include things like a lightsaber vending machine, haha.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

lorax wrote:*lightsaber vending machine, really fucking long hack in the middle of the mall to get one :)

BEST IDEA SINCE EVER!?!?
Put this in!!

lorax
That one guy.

Post by lorax »

I love how lightsaber vending machines are somehow goofier than gungan mannequins and tauntaun segways :lol:

Srsly tho, some star wars elevator music is a must for lifts

Also I saw what you did there... forcing me to download map instead of answering questions... I see how it is :)
Image <----- Like a boss!!!

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

heh, you picked up on that didja... the lift ride isn't long enough for separate muzak i'm afraid.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Saber vending machine!!
(if you want to make it less silly, make it a Weapon Supply Depot that needs to be hacked or something)

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Maybe a little room with a saber inside. Put the aforementioned uber-long hack on the outside, and a simple push-putton open on the inside. And to prevent people camping it, a pair of doors that will instantly open only for the zombies.