ATTN: People Protesting TOR

Discuss The Old Republic
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Re: ATTN: People Protesting TOR

Post by Magyk »

tens0r wrote:The way I look at it if you play a game you buy for at least an hour for every dollar you spend it's not a waste of money.

I don't want to buy it, put in 10 or 15 hours and decide it's shitty.
I bought Guild Wars when it came out and I didn't like it.
I tried WoW and thought it was good, but didn't have money to pay for at the time.
I will try this game when it releases a trial.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

Magyk wrote:
tens0r wrote:The way I look at it if you play a game you buy for at least an hour for every dollar you spend it's not a waste of money.

I tried WoW and thought it was good, but didn't have money to pay for at the time.

good for you?

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

tens0r wrote:
Magyk wrote:

good for you?

yez ofc

shulba
Tensor's minion

Post by shulba »

well they did let everyone in during the beta weekends so I guess it will take forever to get those trials... if you don't mind waiting for a year or something like that is ok

but its a nice game, if you are gonna play it for the "free month" only I still think is worthy

if you like star wars, loved playing kotor and u like mmo u r probably gonna like this one too

and the reason you pay for a subscription is because the game never stops being developed so I think its fair

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Games usually release a trial like 3-4 months after initial release. I wouldn't be surprised to see them put out a 10-30 day trial around June for the summer.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

It's a great game, mag...

I broadcast my games from time to time...think I even got the sound working.

It would be a little behind, probably, but you could hang out on vent and watch us(Guard, Trk, Shulba, Archisgirl and me) play if you're bored. You know...it makes it more intriguing if you know what's going on and hear our plans/strats and some of the cool things we find in the game.

You could also sell the game later if you really didn't like it.

If you liked KOTOR, you will LOVE this game. If you LOVED KOTOR, you will want to make mad, passionate love for hours and hours on end with this game.

Anyway, the more the merrier, AFAIC...we had SIX guild members on at the same time this past weekend and I was pretty stoked considering we just made the damn thing.

Guard proposed an EPIC weekend of SWTOR this weekend.

I hope this dude doesn't Guard!an it.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

CHEW

Post by CHEW »

Ok, i am gonna try and actually play tonight, no promises

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Max Rambone wrote:It would be a little behind, probably, but you could hang out on vent and watch us(Guard, Trk, Shulba, Archisgirl and me) play if you're bored. You know...it makes it more intriguing if you know what's going on and hear our plans/strats and some of the cool things we find in the game.

I might just do that, actually!

Max Rambone wrote:If you liked KOTOR, you will LOVE this game. If you LOVED KOTOR, you will want to make mad, passionate love for hours and hours on end with this game.

This helps sway my opinion a lot more. I really, really loved KOTOR I - I never got through KOTOR II though.. Started a game a million times, but it never hooked me as much as the first one.

I'll definitely look more into it though. It's not that I don't want to get involved with it, it's just that it's' a pretty solid chunk of money for a poor college kid with a shitty work study job that doesn't pay anything.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

I understand man....I'm not even a poor college kid, but this is the first 'pay2play' game I've ever played...

I would have never thought I would pay monthly for a game just on principle.

CHEW wrote:Ok, i am gonna try and actually play tonight, no promises

Cool. I dunno who else is playing tonight, but you should definitely try to come this weekend, too.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.