SWTOR: PvP

Discuss The Old Republic
CHEW

SWTOR: PvP

Post by CHEW »

Anyone PvPing? If so, do they have a good map rotation going on dark reaper or is it all hutt ball?

shulba
Tensor's minion

Re: SWTOR: PvP

Post by shulba »

no one is doing pvp yet at the dark reaper, ill do it for the dailies only once I get to 20 and then at 40 do it but not much time to play in 2 servers at the same time

Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Post by Roflraptor »

When I was PvPing on Dark Reaper, it was pretty decent. Once they added the 50s bracket, there ended up being a lot less huttball. That was at level 50 though, not sure what it's like in the lower bracket.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

raptor I tried to get guard to call our guild the Roflraptors guild but he called it SIEGE instead. :(:(

Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Post by Roflraptor »

Turky wrote:raptor I tried to get guard to call our guild the Roflraptors guild but he called it SIEGE instead. :(:(

Hah, that's ok. SIEGE probably sounds better anyway. :lol:

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

I thought just '<RAPTOR(S)>' would have been cool, but SIEGERAPTOR/S might not be so bad.

I do kinda like the SIEGE, though.

Anyway, I haven't really PvPed at all yet...

Trk and I were questing for datacrons on Nar and got jumped by a couple gunners who promptly owned us with the element of surprise. I think we got the same dudes a few minutes later, but they were fighting some other poor schmuck and we got to ambush them. :)

Later on, we saw a reborn boss going for the same datacron we were and he didn't attack us, so we just talked to him...lol. He gave up pretty quick and left.

Then, last night, we owned a lone reborn boss a couple times on Tatooine.

After Trk left, I went to the far north of Tatooine got worked by a smuggler(?) who caught me by surprise, but I worked another lvl31 smuggler just a few minutes after that.

This guy I saw coming and he saw me about the same time...I was gonna jump on my speeder and run, but he started shooting, so I fielded-up and just went at him. Because he got the first few shots off, I thought I was toast, but when I started attacking with about 75% health, I finished him off and still had 25%. I was healing throughout the battle, of course.

It was fun...It's like KOTOR with real dudes.

I've never played an MMO before...In case you couldn't guess.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

CHEW

Post by CHEW »

Tips for open world, CC the companion and they fall fast.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Yeah, playing NPCs, I would normally whirlwind the toughest dude and start shooting the lowest.

Good tip. Thanks.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.