SWTOR 1.2 Update

Discuss The Old Republic
shulba
Tensor's minion

Re: SWTOR 1.2 Update

Post by shulba »

meh... the ability delayed was fixed, that issue was just not for melee classes but for all.... and never had that other problem u had

I do enjoy the gameplay and mechanics and I take the game serious too, I guess I'm more patient than you about the bugs and not even close to being as egocentric as you to say out loud something like "Woops, I took the game seriously" or "I AM THE ENDGAME" pppfffttt

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Re: SWTOR 1.2 Update

Post by Kerafym »

I was making a reference to a great piece of American Cinematography when I said "I AM THE ENDGAME." It's still a valid point, though, when two of the battlegrounds can pretty much be completed with little to no actual PVP, and unless you're playing Republic or on some bass ackwards server where there are more Rebels than Imperials, you don't get to ever play the third.

The PVE endgame content is a joke, an absolute joke. Literally a waste of time. From my understanding, you could do entire raids with several bosses in little over an hour with no real challenge, which doesn't exactly sound like an engaging exercise to me. I raided pretty seriously in WoW, I was in a couple of fairly respectable guilds, did a few fairly respectable clears. The whole experience put a pretty bad taste in my mouth, I don't think I'll likely do any hardcore raiding in any game again; but if I do it sure as shit won't be doing hourlong clears of rudimentary bosses which, from what I was told, made 5-mans in the already easy Wrath and Catacylsm-era WoW look "difficult."

Although ability activation was improved, it wasn't fixed entirely, and that wasn't exactly what I meant by client desynchronization. What I mean by that is where you are on your screen differs from where you are on my screen. By a lot. Admittedly, this is more of a crucial issue for a melee character than a ranged character, but how could I possibly be expected to know that this game would literally have, by far, the worst implementation of client synchronization out of any video game that I've played in nearly two decades of gaming? The desynchonrization in Star Wars Galaxies, post NGE, which was notoriously bad with client synchronization, was actually less detrimental to gameplay than the implementation in ToR.

You can say that my ego might be a little too big, but that doesn't really bother me. I don't think my ego has much to do with whether or not a game is good. Out of the group of about 9 people that I'd been playing with, I only know 2 who still have an active subscription. I'm not alone in my views of this game. Not by a long shot. The game is fucking "My First MMO" on training wheels and casual as shit.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.