SWTOR 1.2 Update

Discuss The Old Republic
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

SWTOR 1.2 Update

Post by GUARD!AN »

GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Re: SWTOR 1.2 Update

Post by Max Rambone »

Wow, that legacy shit looks amazing...

And our guild banks to store all our extraneous shit....nice.

Also, I like being able to move the various GUI things around.

Raptor....ICYDK, High-end speeders and shit are on sale right now...though the new ones are supposedly going to be beastlier....I also have your creds when you need them. :)

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

Game is still a dickload of asses.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Can't wait to share shit between my scoundrel and sniper.

Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Post by Roflraptor »

Max Rambone wrote:Wow, that legacy shit looks amazing...

And our guild banks to store all our extraneous shit....nice.

Also, I like being able to move the various GUI things around.

Raptor....ICYDK, High-end speeders and shit are on sale right now...though the new ones are supposedly going to be beastlier....I also have your creds when you need them. :)

~archi

Hah, wish I had the time to play something for any decent length of time at the moment. Right now, it's either uni or study. I also have to sit the GAMSAT (MCAT equivalent) in two weeks, so if I'm not spending time on uni, I'm using it to prepare for that.

Fun times. :lol:

shulba
Tensor's minion

Post by shulba »

Kerafym wrote:Game is still a dickload of asses.

y? :s

Kerafym

Post by Kerafym »

pvp content still a joke

pve content still a joke

endgame? I AM THE ENDGAME.

shulba
Tensor's minion

Post by shulba »

I think the warzones are fun... yeah ilum is bad and the open world pvp... BW knows that and hopefully improve later, there was a lot about ilum and open world pvp during the guild summit
ELO/Ranking pvp is coming on 1.2 too

u said before melee are weak compared to ranged classes and that's bullshit here's a video of one melee doing pvp and probably a lot like those of each class for me its more about the gear like every other mmo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egokP7aH-nQ

pve is fun for me... questing in this mmo has been more fun than any other ive played, never rly cared about the story, in others... sometimes is easy, sometimes can be challenging, boss fights are good most of them you need to know the mechanics, some u need team work... EV and KP are fun if you find a group. yeah the game has some bugs but don't really care about it, its the reason we pay for so they can fix them ...new games are always full of bugs, so far this one has been good enough for me

don't know what you mean about endgame and what did you expect, every game is farming/pvp/raids but I guess if you don't enjoy neither pvp or pve there's no much to say.

sorry that u wasted money on something u didnt like :(

Kerafym

Post by Kerafym »

I said that melee have problems with client desynchronization, not that they were statistically weaker.

I didn't have problems killing people, I had problems hitting people with my abilities at times, which while not 100% of the time, was disproportionately frustrating to how much of the time it was actually affecting me. It wouldn't take many individual instances of it happening to me in any given warzone to break my will to play the game completely.

A game with as poor mechanics as it had, for me, was impossible to take seriously. I constantly found myself saying, "Woops, I took the game seriously, my bad." out loud in a very bitter tone, and would proceed to autorun at people just rolling my hand across keys because that was a lot less frustrating than actually trying to execute my abilities and being bewildered as to why they weren't doing anything, only to have the person disappear from my field of view and actually be half way across the platform, without them activating any abilities which move them, or being moved by another player, simply because that's where they actually where and my client not being synchronous with theirs.

I personally take games very seriously when I play them. I recognize that not everybody plays like me, and not everybody has the same expectations from games as I do. In my opinion, based on what I look for in a game and what I expect from gameplay, this game is awful. Relative to how much time and money went into development, I really do think there's no excuse for the awful mechanics in the game, but hey, who am I to judge what Bioware does with their money.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Kerafym wrote:I constantly found myself saying, "Woops, I took the game seriously, my bad." out loud in a very bitter tone

Kerafym wrote:I personally take games very seriously when I play them.