schrute
pingmaser

Location damage on or off

Post by schrute »

vote

Duo

Re: Location damage on or off

Post by Duo »

Duo wrote:Location based damage has been set to 1 (on) for every siege and CTF server since 2003. It is the basejka default setting.

Setting it to 0 (off) is an arbitrary change that was made by ANubIsInYourForum, who for some reason changed it to 0 on the server.cfg template that guard(unaware) later gave to Magyk when he created Paddys. I gave Sith a copy of this cfg after his provider deleted all his files, unaware that it was set to 0 in the cfg. This is the reason it got set to 0 on Elysium; it was simply a copy of the Paddys cfg.

The only reason this is even being discussed AT ALL is literally because ANubIsInYourForum arbitrarily changed it to 0 on the server.cfg template that Guard later provided to Magyk for setting up Paddys, and Sith's provider deleted all his files and they were replaced with a copy of the Paddys cfg.

Imagine this "debate" didn't exist and nobody had ever heard of this setting. Imagine I started a poll on the base_entranced forum asking about changing fundamental damage values away from basejka settings that have been used since 2003. Do you think anyone would vote yes to that? Fuck no, people would be like "lol idi00t y do u want to change everyth1ng? game is fine, LOL @ shittie mod!!!1"

People who are defending 0 are only saying:
"I have recently grown accustomed to this non-default setting that was only put on the server as a result of ANubIsInYourForum's arbitrary decision and Sith's provider deleting all his files in recent weeks. I have become convinced by mobs of low-caliber players and/or rationalized this in my mind as some sort of convoluted defense of why footshotting reborn bosses is somehow extremely important, something that probably never even crossed my mind prior to October 2015. I believe that ANubIsInYourForum's arbitrary decision, which got put on Sith's server because they accidentally deleted his files and has never been used by any servers before, is the correct setting."

This is not even a debate. Every siege and CTF server has used 1 since 2003. Are we going to start changing gravity, too? Set it to 1.

Duo wrote:To be clear: I'm totally okay with having a discussion on making improvements to the game. But not from the standpoint of "change first, ask questions later." Don't just go fundamentally altering the game and then ask people afterwards if it should be changed back.

Quoting my posts from the other thread for convenience.

The correct answer is ON.

And one more from Guard:
GUARD!AN wrote:Traditionally, the servers have always had location based damage. I even pulled up the old HELL cfg files and saw it set to 1.
Last edited by Duo on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

schrute
pingmaser

Post by schrute »

Voted off because people tanking sabers with their arms is retarded. If it's possible to fix lando damage and keep sabers one shotting gunners I'd be fine with location damage on.

jawa 2.0

Post by jawa 2.0 »

schrute is retarded obviously it should be what it has been for the past million years of reborn boss knighting.

schrute
pingmaser

Post by schrute »

jawa 2.0 wrote:schrute is retarded obviously it should be what it has been for the past million years of reborn boss knighting.

nice salt you fat americunt

jawa 2.0

Post by jawa 2.0 »

nice flame you flaming flamer

LORD

Post by LORD »

21 votes :O

what a large community we have
Last edited by LORD on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

duo ll be salty

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

I had to cast my vote for yes. PLease 2 turn it on now