KeyTweak -- great for anyone who lacks a multimedia keyboard

Get help for problems you may have with technology, math, or women.

Moderator: Turky

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

KeyTweak -- great for anyone who lacks a multimedia keyboard

Post by Turky »

GUARD PLZ 2 STICKY THIS, it appears that I'm not the only one here with moderator that can't make stickies on their respective forum. (this is true for duo too)

http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

Definitely feel free to skim over the manual if you plan to try this thing out.

This program basically lets you bind any key on your keyboard to any key or action of your choice. That said, since most of you likely don't yews many of your F1-F12 keys, you can easily bind these to things like next-track or previous-track while you're playing a game. Why am I saying this? So that some of you don't have to look like a silly using a KT for music ;)

I mostly yews this thing because I yews a Mac keyboard for a Windows OS. I'm able to bind a lot of previously unbindable keys, to useable ones. Notably printscreen , kp_insert, and next track/prev track. Hell knows if I'll find more uses later on :) My best recommendation is to yews the half-teach mode, full teach is just stupid and confusing. With half-teach, you tell it to scan the key you want to bind, and then you tell it which function to assign it to. Also can work for browser functions like forward, backward stop, and refresh, as you will see.

Disclaimer though: I haven't gotten STOP or PAUSE to work for some reason. You're welcome to try yourself, just bear in mind that you must reboot for key binds to take effect.

I'm sure others of you will find other uses. As the manual states, macros (multiple key functions bound to one keyboard key) are not possible.

Cheers,

Trk

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Re: KeyTweak -- great for anyone who lacks a multimedia keyb

Post by Kerafym »

You can just set up hotkeys in your media player. I know WinAmp can do it, and I don't doubt others can.
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

yes you dont need to dl anything
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

I can't make stickies and I'm a global admin. :/

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Turky

Post by Turky »

I actually yews Windows Media Player (much better interface for my liking), which at best still requires something called WMPkeys to assign key combinations for media functions.

Duo

Post by Duo »

Gay, it didn't work. Ever since I got this laptop I've been searching for a way to reverse the bindings for Ctrl and Fn. It's backwards from what it is on 99% of laptops for some reason. Keytweak didn't even pick it up though. I think it's hard coded into the keys somehow.

^My laptop

Turky

Post by Turky »

Yea, there's some things on this Mac keyboard that it doesn't recognize either. Like the "Fn" key that's really in the position that the Insert key is.

Ðarth Jedi
First Team
First Team

Post by Ðarth Jedi »

Duo wrote:Gay, it didn't work. Ever since I got this laptop I've been searching for a way to reverse the bindings for Ctrl and Fn. It's backwards from what it is on 99% of laptops for some reason. Keytweak didn't even pick it up though. I think it's hard coded into the keys somehow.

^My laptop
I wanted to buy this laptop last summer, but the last one was bought before I could :|

Fn button is also in my left down corner next to ctrl which took me some time to get used to

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Eventus stultorum magister.

A nub is In Ur Forum

Post by A nub is In Ur Forum »

Retracted.