Girl help

Get help for problems you may have with technology, math, or women.

Moderator: Turky

Re: Girl help

Postby Magyk on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Show was good until Michael Scott left. Season 8 was a trainwreck, but season 9 is at least rebounding somewhat. The love triangle story line is kinda shitty, but it's better than nothing because Jim and Pam have been boring ever since they got married.
Image
User avatar
Magyk
Graphics Guru
 
Posts: 4127
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 pm
Location: East Coast, USA
Highscores: 3
Local time: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:47 pm
Karma: -87

Re: Girl help

Postby FearMikeHawk on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:20 am

Magyk wrote:Show was good until Michael Scott left. Season 8 was a trainwreck, but season 9 is at least rebounding somewhat. The love triangle story line is kinda shitty, but it's better than nothing because Jim and Pam have been boring ever since they got married.


But I would have settled for the current core plot of jim working remotely in Philadelphia, without the need of bringing in the random camera guy who doesn't know the meaning of subtle

I surprisingly find the erin/peter/andy dynamic to be at least sort of interesting

My biggest complaint is that Dwight isn't as funny as he used to be...

And I am glad they got rid of kelly.

At the end of the day, by far the biggest show to go to the shits and make the biggest fall from grace is the big bang theory. every episode now is just 4 scenes, then the credits:
1. one scene with leonard being a needy wussy and penny being afraid of commitment
2. one scene with howard being whipped by his petite girlfriend with an inferiority complex, bonus points for a quick quip/joke around his strange relationship with his mother
3. one scene with sheldon and his girlfriend and humor around sheldon being unaware of how women work
4. one scene with raj being pathetic and lonely, with a slight gay undertone

and the runner up for biggest fall from grace is how i met your mother
User avatar
FearMikeHawk
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:57 pm
Local time: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:47 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Girl help

Postby Magyk on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:01 am

Yeah, just the pure Jim-in-Philly angle would have been alright. And I like the Erin/Andy/Plop story-line too, oddly enough, because I don't really like Andy or Erin (but Plop is growing on me.) I always kind of liked Kelly for her cluelessness, but she got useless once Erin showed up and stole her dumb-thunder. I read that her and Ryan are coming back for the finale though - fingers crossed Steve Carell comes back, but it sounds unlikely.

Never watched (regularly, anyways) BBT or HIMYM, never really appealed to me. You should watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. More of an adult sitcom, not that you probably care about that, but every episode is pure gold and it's been going strong for 8 seasons and renewed for a 9th. It's on Netflix, so if you've never seen it before I really, really recommend watching a few episodes.
Image
User avatar
Magyk
Graphics Guru
 
Posts: 4127
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 pm
Location: East Coast, USA
Highscores: 3
Local time: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:47 pm
Karma: -87

Re: Girl help

Postby FearMikeHawk on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:28 am

Magyk wrote:Yeah, just the pure Jim-in-Philly angle would have been alright. And I like the Erin/Andy/Plop story-line too, oddly enough, because I don't really like Andy or Erin (but Plop is growing on me.) I always kind of liked Kelly for her cluelessness, but she got useless once Erin showed up and stole her dumb-thunder. I read that her and Ryan are coming back for the finale though - fingers crossed Steve Carell comes back, but it sounds unlikely.

Never watched (regularly, anyways) BBT or HIMYM, never really appealed to me. You should watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. More of an adult sitcom, not that you probably care about that, but every episode is pure gold and it's been going strong for 8 seasons and renewed for a 9th. It's on Netflix, so if you've never seen it before I really, really recommend watching a few episodes.


i've been wanting to get into philly for a while, i see guard stream it at work while he codes all the time and he seems to love it too. that and the show Archer seem to be generally agreed upon as the two funniest shows still on tv.

do you watch breaking bad or game of thrones? they are also very good shows

my top shows that i will never even touch for fear of burning my eyes:
1. downtown abbey
2. the bachelor
3. the vampire diaries
4. any of the real housewives series
5. once upon a time
User avatar
FearMikeHawk
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:57 pm
Local time: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:47 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Girl help

Postby Magyk on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:21 am

I watch Archer on occasion (when I'm with friends that watch it) but I don't watch it regularly myself, it's pretty funny though - I just don't really like animated TV that much. I watch Game of Thrones - might be my favorite show on TV right now. Amped the fuck up for Season 3. I'm actually calling my castle on the jkasiege minecraft server Castle Arya - because Arya is clearly the most badass 11 year old to ever live. Pulling for Rob, Bran & the rest of the Stark kids to kick off so she can become Queen of the North in the end.

As far as Breaking Bad, I actually just started watching it on netflix about a week ago - I'm early in the second season. Seems alright so far. I think it might have been overhyped for me, because I'm not finding it to be "OMFG BEST SHOW EVER" like some people claim - but that could also be attributed to me still being early in the show. Either way, I'm still enjoying it.

I started watching Once Upon A Time and couldn't really get into it, but I know the rest of my family really likes it and last year I dated a girl that insisted it was really good. Might be something I watch after it's all wrapped up.
Image
User avatar
Magyk
Graphics Guru
 
Posts: 4127
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 pm
Location: East Coast, USA
Highscores: 3
Local time: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:47 pm
Karma: -87

Re: Girl help

Postby GUARD!AN on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:40 am

Agreed, sunny is the current gold standard in comedy. I don't see how people like the forced humor of shows like Big Bang Theory either. The one thing I do gotta hand to them is their exceptional promotion and marketing of that show, for a mediocre show at best it is doing quite well with viewers and ratings in general.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.
User avatar
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater
 
Posts: 3019
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Highscores: 4
Local time: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:47 pm
Karma: -147

Re: Girl help

Postby Magyk on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Magyk wrote:As far as Breaking Bad, I actually just started watching it on netflix about a week ago - I'm early in the second season. Seems alright so far. I think it might have been overhyped for me, because I'm not finding it to be "OMFG BEST SHOW EVER" like some people claim - but that could also be attributed to me still being early in the show. Either way, I'm still enjoying it.


Post-Breaking-Bad Magyk rescinds everything he said about this show before he was finished. This show is amazing.
Image
User avatar
Magyk
Graphics Guru
 
Posts: 4127
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 pm
Location: East Coast, USA
Highscores: 3
Local time: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:47 pm
Karma: -87

Re: Girl help

Postby Darth_Wayne on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:51 pm

TV is for sports only.

EDIT: And Seinfeld reruns.
Image
Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: In the projects with Puff, the Magic Dragon
Local time: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:47 pm
Karma: -73

Re: Girl help

Postby GUARD!AN on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:48 am

Magyk wrote:
Magyk wrote:As far as Breaking Bad, I actually just started watching it on netflix about a week ago - I'm early in the second season. Seems alright so far. I think it might have been overhyped for me, because I'm not finding it to be "OMFG BEST SHOW EVER" like some people claim - but that could also be attributed to me still being early in the show. Either way, I'm still enjoying it.


Post-Breaking-Bad Magyk rescinds everything he said about this show before he was finished. This show is amazing.


Dude, I have intentionally resisted starting season 5 due to wild ride that was seasons 3-4. I actually skipped work for a day so I could finish them in one sitting, I was that hooked. Since season 4 ended in an acceptable place I am just going to wait for season 5 to complete before marathoning the rest of this show. (And I'll make sure to start on a Friday this time instead of a Sunday afternoon >_>)

Also, I heard they are planning on ending this show as a movie at the end of this season? Can't wait :D
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.
User avatar
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater
 
Posts: 3019
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Highscores: 4
Local time: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:47 pm
Karma: -147

Re: Girl help

Postby Magyk on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:26 am

I read a few days ago that they might do a Saul Goodman spinoff! Better call Saul!
Image
User avatar
Magyk
Graphics Guru
 
Posts: 4127
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 pm
Location: East Coast, USA
Highscores: 3
Local time: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:47 pm
Karma: -87

PreviousNext

Return to Help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron