X-Fire

Get help for problems you may have with technology, math, or women.

Moderator: Turky

Caesar

X-Fire

Post by Caesar »

I have dealt with this for a little while now, and recently it has become really annoying. X-fire in game doesn't work. I hit scroll locks + x and nothing happens. For some reason or another x-fire in game does work for JKA single player tho?! In addition when I disconnect from Impulse (paddy's) all my binds are erased and my name changes to "Padawan" ?!? Yet the binds and names work fine for Tempest and CTF. I can disconnect all I want and they remain unchanged. Oh yea, my black font color (^8) doesn't work either?! Is something like majorly fucked up or....?

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Re: X-Fire

Post by Magyk »

Xfire fix:

Windowed mode.

Erased binds fix:

Set everything up how you want in-game, and do "/write ceasar" in the console - now every time you rejoin the server and your shit is missing, you can just type "/exec ceasar" and it will restore everything the way it was.

You can also do this for individual maps, for instance, when we play korri I do /exec korri and it changes my force power buttons around so they are more accessible.

Black font fix:

yews ^0

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

I wrote /write Ceasar and then wrote /exec Ceasar and it says couldn't exec Ceasar?! Fml

ObiWanShinobi

Post by ObiWanShinobi »

I always kept two config files, one for offense and one for defense. I'd keep F1-F10 with my most used classbinds, and bind all the Korri Defense chewie force powers in easy to reach locations for the defense config.

@Caesar, if my memory doesn't fail me, you can try to look in your base or japlus folder and look for your config file (jampconfig.cfg), open it up in notepad (confirm your binds are all there), copy it and then rename it to "Caesar.cfg" then in-game when your binds are missing type /exec Caesar.cfg

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

So I just made a .cfg file for all my binds. I will just /exec in game and I suppose it will work thanks for the advice tho

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

It's because your cfg was in japlus folder rather than base, just copy it over or do /write c while you're paddys
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

/q helpusobi1
/disco lights on

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

/qui gon jin for the qui gon jin model.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Caesar wrote:I have dealt with this for a little while now, and recently it has become really annoying. X-fire in game doesn't work. I hit scroll locks + x and nothing happens. For some reason or another x-fire in game does work for JKA single player tho?! In addition when I disconnect from Impulse (paddy's) all my binds are erased and my name changes to "Padawan" ?!? Yet the binds and names work fine for Tempest and CTF. I can disconnect all I want and they remain unchanged. Oh yea, my black font color (^8) doesn't work either?! Is something like majorly fucked up or....?

I had this very same problem for a while, i don't really know what i did, but here are my xfire otions:

auto detect
switch off xfire (or something like this) DO NOT TICK IT
some render thing: OGL (if you can't change this from the program the do the followings, exit xfire, go to C:\ProgramData\Xfire it's a hidden folder, but you can copy paste this to the thingy where these things appear :P lol fuck my english now (i don't even know these things in hungarian) Open up Xfire_games (not the bat file) with wordpad press ctrl+f type in "reborn boss", press enter, the 4th one will be what we looking for (except if you are running jka from steam then the 3rd) look for this line "InGameRenderer=" after the equal mark type in OGL, the save it, restart xfire)

About cfg, mine has been okay for a very long time, but execing should work (I used that in old times)

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Xeon talked me through what he said, and it 100% worked. Your a fucking genius dude. Told me to replace something I never would have found with another script and everything works great now. X-fire in game now works so I can respond to you now :D