Class Binds

Get help for problems you may have with technology, math, or women.

Moderator: Turky

Tomadox

Class Binds

Post by Tomadox »

Okay, I know some people will be frustrated with this thread, but I searched the forums for a half an hour, and could not find a decent guide on how to yews class binds. First of, please note that I would yews ESM, but it doesn't work for me. Says ESM yadayada in the logo on the main screen, have the fancy class icons, but the actual commands aren't recognized. I am on a Mac though, so it could be that. But this isn't about how to get ESM working for me, I want to know, how do I install/write class binds. So far I understand you have to do it outside of the game, and with lots of toggles [map, side, etc.], but how is this actually accomplished? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Ramshi

Re: Class Binds

Post by Ramshi »

i would, but apparently i cant send zip or rar files, and theres quite a few things involved...

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Uhm yes this is probably my bad :D

Open the esm_b9.2_client.pk3 (I do it with total commander, but any program can do it which is able to make zip files).
unzip these two files into base (yes you want to overwrite the original ones)
- cgamex86.dll
- uix86.dll
After that it should work.
Spawn timer only appears after someone is killed (so after first kill in the match) and is usually misscount until first kill, so be careful.
commands:
- esmkill (you won't loose points with selfkill, but for some reason on Tempest this makes all your mines blow, on everyother server it works fine)
- esmclass_a for snowtrooper
- esmclass_h for heavy weapon
- esmclass_d for demo
- esmclass_t for tesh
- esmclass_s for lando
- esmclass_j for reborn boss

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Tomadox

Post by Tomadox »

Ah, okay then. It wasnt loading as just a pk3 dropped in. Thanks Xeon.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Tomadox wrote:Ah, okay then. It wasnt loading as just a pk3 dropped in. Thanks Xeon.

You're welcome, but since you've told me it isn't working, then the problem is you yews MAC, which doesn't know what to do with dll files. If I am not mistaken the game was coded for 3 different system: Windows, Mac, and Linux. They are different is someways, and looks like this is one of them.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

aradorasxeon wrote:- esmkill (you won't loose points with selfkill, but for some reason on Tempest this makes all your mines blow, on everyother server it works fine)

This is an anti-lame feature installed by j3rk(?)
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Tomadox

Post by Tomadox »

Anyone have the cfg files then? I know for sure those should work, just executing them in game. My Academy uses no .dll files, probably because they are unreadable on Mac. Thanks for the attempt Xeon.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Unfortunately I think the mod would have to be recompiled for Mac in order to work. If you want I can send you my entire script system as a .zip or something. It's quite extensive and I have custom binds for Hoth/Kor/Des/Cargo.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

You don't need them, you're banned from pugs.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

I am so confused how did he already get banned? (or was laser joking)