Minimum requirements

Get help for problems you may have with technology, math, or women.

Moderator: Turky

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Re: Minimum requirements

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

I'd say most important requirement is turning on, tbh.

MajorMajor

Post by MajorMajor »

Yeah about 8 GB of RAM a 1TB Graphics Card and an i5 or i7 processor. No big difference between i5 and i7 as far as I can tell.

What you are going to do though is never play JK again because you'll be able to run so many newer better games you won't have the time to play it. That partially explains why you never see me around. Also, JK doesn't run on the new versions of OS X. I'd have to set up a windows version in parallels and I'm too lazy to do that. :P

Tomadox

Post by Tomadox »

MajorMajor wrote:Also, JK doesn't run on the new versions of OS X. I'd have to set up a windows version in parallels and I'm too lazy to do that. :P

Actually, it does. Look online and you will find an update somewhere. What doesn't work on OSX are multiplayer servers running plugins. For whatever reason, now when you join a server it will try to fetch the files, ie. JA+, even though you may have auto download off. And even if you have JA+, it still won't work. Also, rather then the shitty-lagmeister that is Parellals, just yews Bootcamp. There are tonnes of guides online, and JKA will run smoothly with only a 5-10Gb partition. Actually, that is exactly what I do. Except since I yews te windows side for other things too, I have an 100Gb partition. If you want any help setting it up, I'm happy to oblige.

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

Thank you all for the feedback. It is much appreciated!
I think I'll be looking for an i5 and 8GB of RAM, definitey an SSD and an HDD on the side. Graphicswise I may just hit the minimum suggested, since I don't plan on playing too many new, GFX-demanding games. Primarily because I don't have the time for it.
I have this week off so I'll be looking for a suitable system. I may just post it up before I buy anything. :)
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?