Bot routes for default maps

Get help for problems you may have with technology, math, or women.

Moderator: Turky

Laser
Kopite

Bot routes for default maps

Post by Laser »

How to?

It'd be really useful to have some decent bot routes for my server on the standard rotation.

Cheers
Less QQ more Pew Pew

aradorasxeon

Re: Bot routes for default maps

Post by aradorasxeon »

Ah this topic again. Gonna do a little forum research here and will post the reuslts when I find it.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGkIEKWpd6k

There you go.

Also link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/open-jedi-project-enhanced/downloads/ojp-enhanced-version-012

I remember I tried it out years ago. I don't know if it is compatible with entranced.

"Nah, I go."

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Thanks, I'll check these links out when I get a chance. Maybe duo could steal it and put it in b_e :)
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Duo

Post by Duo »

Laser wrote:Thanks, I'll check these links out when I get a chance. Maybe duo could steal it and put it in b_e :)

As I'm sure you know, supporting bots goes beyond simply making botroutes. Robust bot support is already on my to-do list on Github. I've had the OJP source code sitting in a folder on my computer for a while now, I just need to get around to it. The bot code is pretty ingenious and involved, and involves a fair amount of hardcoding for the base maps (e.g. getting the bots to hack the ion door)

Interestingly, Raven originally planned bot support for siege, but didn't get around to finishing it and just said fuck it, and threw in a few anti-bot measures to discourage people from using (non-functional) bots in siege, such as intentionally breaking /bot_minplayers in siege gametype.

One of the many unfinished features of this game. I was thinking of writing a post detailing some of the unfinished features, oddities, WTFs, and other things I've found in the JA source code, if there's any interest.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Duo wrote:One of the many unfinished features of this game. I was thinking of writing a post detailing some of the unfinished features, oddities, WTFs, and other things I've found in the JA source code, if there's any interest.

There is!

"Nah, I go."