Status?

Discuss the CTF Pug server NAPug.
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Status?

Post by GUARD!AN »

So how's the new CTF server so far? How much has it been used, do you guys like it?
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

tens0r

Re: Status?

Post by tens0r »

Used it a lot but then all the euros that played there couldnt play with 100-130ms so they bought a euro ctf server again. We will never see them there again and since they make up 90% of the ctf community now. You should probably cancel it now.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Tensor's probably right, but give it a month or two and see how things work out. There's still an effort to start NA pugs, especially from brazilians who obviously don't want to play at euro. Euros have to realize that with more brazilian puggers, NA is the middle ground...

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

I'd play ctf more, but I got turned off to ctf by almost everyone speed spamming and camping the other team's flag base.

Turky

Post by Turky »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:I'd play ctf more, but I got turned off to ctf by almost everyone speed spamming and camping the other team's flag base.
I honestly hope you're just making a joke there.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:I'd play ctf more, but I got turned off to ctf by almost everyone speed spamming and camping the other team's flag base.
Yea it's a bitch. Stick to going neg in siege pubs against bots.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Turky wrote:
Not quite. I've seen the above on multiple servers, but then again, there are also times on the same servers that none of it happens. Also, I've yet to play our ctf server (due to previously stated reasons). I may this upcoming week, alongside MB2. Like siege, it really comes down to the mentality of the individual players. Personally, I'd rather not speed spam (or grip/kick/mine/shield spam or yaw), but if my opponents are doing it, I'll do it right back (sometimes not as effectively, but...).

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

I think he means that's the way you're supposed to play CTF.

Kinda like when nubs jump on Tempest and start yelling 'OMG stop spawn camping!!!'

Look Dilbert, move your ass and kill someone and you never have to worry about spawncamping.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Turky

Post by Turky »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:
Turky wrote:
Not quite. I've seen the above on multiple servers, but then again, there are also times on the same servers that none of it happens. Also, I've yet to play our ctf server (due to previously stated reasons). I may this upcoming week, alongside MB2. Like siege, it really comes down to the mentality of the individual players. Personally, I'd rather not speed spam (or grip/kick/mine/shield spam or yaw)
Speed "spam" IS ctf. Seems to be you might have poor aim and just can't hit anyone.

JA+ official and the like aren't anywhere close to the same as ctf pug. There's none of the gay JA+ shit in pugs.

Aside from that, in ctf pugs, grip is very rare, people might staffkick you if they're high, we don't have forcefields (if that's what you meant), and mines are mostly just placed on flagstands. People only spam them if they feel like being cute, or if it's the last weapon they have left, but who gives a crap? CTF is about using whatever you currently have at your disposal to get your job done.

ps: surprised you didn't say anything about protect or rage.

pps: if you think ja+ ctf is bad, then you haven't played mb2 yet. You'll be crying till the cows come home.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

I wish I could aim :(