How to play jan (inside hoth/nar shad)

Discuss our favorite gametype.
jaw4

How to play jan (inside hoth/nar shad)

Post by jaw4 »

I've been getting frustrated with all the jans who have no clue what their job is once we get inside on hoth or on nar shaddaa, so I made a priority list of what you should be doing.

1. Obviously shielding and not letting people through your shields is your first priority. This includes knowing when you're mt'd so you can back off at the appropriate time. Also STAND ON YOUR SHIELDS AFTER YOU PLACE THEM, that part seems obvious but i still see people like turkey and archi letting their shields die in about 20 sec because they are running at the other team trying to die instead of sitting back on their shields making sure that its up when you need it.

2. Your second priority, and this one is the most annoying to your team if you're not doing it is freezing the reborn boss that are close enough to pull throw your gunners. This is very important and can be the difference between a 20 minute hold and an 8 minute hold.

3. Your third priority is freezing the enemy teams gunners. In order to do this correctly you don't need to shoot full charge shots at them if they are already in range of your team. The correct way to do this is to repeatedly shoot 1 click secondary shots at their feet until your team has killed them (think freezing the atst).

4. Your fourth priority is finishing people off that you know are weak. Do this by full charging or close to full charging and hitting boxes or the ground next to the weak player.

5. Your fifth priority is to save objectives when your team is dead using your seeker drone/pistol shots. For example, say your team dies at the infirmary and its just a demo rushing but he has full hp. You can yews your seeker drone and jan blasts to take him from 100 to dead before he gets up the lift if you do it right, or if you don't have a seeker drone you can pistol him while hes going up the lift.

6. Your sixth priority is to get shields as often as you can at codes objective, whenever the enemy team is dead for a decent amount of time take the opportunity to get as many shields as you can before the other team gets back. This helps makes it so you cant get frozen, and if the other team wants to max you they won't be able to kill you in a single pull throw.

7. Your seventh and final priority is to steal kills from your teamates, because after all high score=skill in siege. This also allows you to shit talk your team if you beat any of your gunners in score (ignore the fact that some of them are using old fashioned kill binds that make you lose points).

I've included duos shield jewing chart in case you missed it

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Re: How to play jan (inside hoth/nar shad)

Post by Turky »

These days I try to only run at the team and die when my shield runs out... till then I stay on the shield. If you didn't notice that then you can go suck one next time you ask me to jan.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

You need to relax and enjoy the video game.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

I sometimes assume the demo getting healed by me will mine it for me, but everyone seems to do stupid shit from time to time.

Also, I figure if jawa is on my team, I don't really have to try. :)

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Turky

Post by Turky »

jaw4 wrote:I've been getting frustrated
... u mad?

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

duo should make a video about how destroy a atst as jan xDDDDD

Duo

Post by Duo »

i approve of this thread

Turky

Post by Turky »

Duo wrote:i approve of this thread
u and jawa need 2 become the producer-directors of a seej tutorial video

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

You forgot "deploy ammunition."
Hi. I'm angry on the internet.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

You forgot "demp your chewie's rockets and blow up your teams mines".
Less QQ more Pew Pew