yo and archi kicking ppl when losing

Report server or forum admin abuse.
Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Re: yo and archi kicking ppl when losing

Post by Darth_Wayne »

jaw4 wrote:so we were playing a pug and me n turkey vs archi n yo then randomly i got kicked n then turkey got kicked 16 min into them game and when i reconnected yo disconnected n then archi disconnected n me n trky were left goin WTF........ dont no whats goin on but this seems pretty abusive to me
suz that was me

Oh wait, I got rcon taken away after rconmaxing someone once who was breaking the rules.

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

GUARD!AN wrote:If I have to check the logs, whoever is responsible (whether it be the admin(s), or boy who cried wolf) upon checking the logs is going to be banned from Impulse.

Last chance for someone to explain their actions before I go out of my way to look it up.

is not that to much ? i mean tensor wasnt banned D:

just dont give him rcon again whoever who was

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Darth_Wayne wrote:suz that was me
Oh wait, I got rcon taken away after rconmaxing someone once who was breaking the rules.
GUARD!AN wrote: Rules of Impulse:

1. Do not join live games (just ask before joining, it's not that hard)
2. Do not lame live games (elevator lame, bridge lame, codes lame, cc lame, anything that will significantly slow down or speed up gameplay..for more on definitions of various laming see Tempest Rules)
3. Do not crash the server purposefully, through any of your various means.

You will notice there really aren't many rules, most of the time they are defined by the group playing there, these are just the universal rules no matter who is playing. There are also only 2 active admins to this server. This is because voting is enabled. Democracy is quite a wonderful thing. If someone joins a live game, don't cry for admins unless they are repeat offenders, just call a vote kick. If you want a different map, don't cry to an admin to change it for you, call a vote.

If your vote doesn't get passed, sucks for you. The republicans are finding ways to deal with the balance of power in the government right now, you can find a way to deal with it if the people you are playing with don't want to go to Korriban.
I assume you were speaking about the incident where you rconmaxxed me TWICE (second time I was simply standing at the top of the lift waiting to spam :) )....Unless you did it on a regular basis, I'm correct.

So, I didn't break any of the rules that you should know as an rcon admin....
GUARD!AN wrote:6. Spamming is generally frowned upon, not necessarily against the rules. You will likely face much verbal punishment for spamming which more than makes up for admin actions.
I don't really spam anymore unless I get spammed AND say 'spam' AND THEN dudes continue to spam.

So, uh.....Learn the rules of the server you're admining please.

I highlighted the middle part for jakab and another dude who knows who he is. :)

Straight from Guard's fingertips, homies.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

All I know is that Jawa and I were in the server, and then Jawa got kicked, and then I was kicked promptly thereafter.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

And just what leads you to believe it was me?

You said 'Archi kicked me' before and now it's 'All I know is...'

Turkey, if you were to actually tell the truth, you'd tell everyone that you have never seen me literally and blatantly abuse anyone using admin anywhere, 'cause I just don't do it and I've never done it.

I don't get even with people using admin....that's YOU.

~archi

Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Post by Roflraptor »

Max Rambone wrote: You said 'Archi kicked me' before and now it's 'All I know is...'
I'd say it was a fairly safe conclusion to make, based on what has been said.

Don't hold out on us Guard, who did it? :)

Was it Archi in the conservatory with the candlestick?

Perhaps it was Jawa in the ballroom with the lead pipe...

Hmm...

Turky

Post by Turky »

Okay I will revise my statement for His Worshipfulness:

All I know is that Jawa and I were kicked from Impulse while Archi was in the server.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Shame on you for not having more faith in me, raptor.

Turkey is the last person I'm gonna yews admin on because he always loves to cry madmin abuse even when I've done nothing....which is the case this time.

I learned that way before anyone ever thought about reviving siege.

Believe me...I might actually ban some dude like MikeL for spamming so much that he makes it hard to see what's going on like laser did, BUT....

I think long and hard about doing ANYTHING to peeps like trk/jawa/etc because I know they are gonna do exactly this and try to get my admin taken away even though they are guilty of much worse.

Besides, they never really do anything for me to have to yews rcon....no one really does.

I only usually do an occasional /rcon status if I think someone is aliased.....

THIS IS A PUG SERVER, DUDES....WE ARE SUPPOSED TO ALL BE HIGH-CALIBER.

Seriously dudes....there really shouldn't be any need for admins OR we really should change the pug password.

~archi

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

Max Rambone wrote:Shame on you for not having more faith in me, raptor.

Turkey is the last person I'm gonna yews admin on because he always loves to cry madmin abuse even when I've done nothing....which is the case this time.

I learned that way before anyone ever thought about reviving siege.

Believe me...I might actually ban some dude like MikeL for spamming so much that he makes it hard to see what's going on like laser did, BUT....

I think long and hard about doing ANYTHING to peeps like trk/jawa/etc because I know they are gonna do exactly this and try to get my admin taken away even though they are guilty of much worse.

Besides, they never really do anything for me to have to yews rcon....no one really does.

I only usually do an occasional /rcon status if I think someone is aliased.....

THIS IS A PUG SERVER, DUDES....WE ARE SUPPOSED TO ALL BE HIGH-CALIBER.

Seriously dudes....there really shouldn't be any need for admins OR we really should change the pug password.

~archi

i agreee with archimedes

SHAME ON YOU RAPTOR!!!!!!

AND COME BAKC TO SIEGE GAY!

Turky

Post by Turky »

I'm fairly certain that the only blemish on my track record is temporarily kickbanning the whole server, because dudes force-votekicked me because I wouldn't grant Keragay's wish by switching teams on mp/siege_korribad to guarantee a 30 minute hold on the other team (I opted to spec ,iirc). A kick's a kick, but the implication is what mattered there--I have every right to not play an intentionally prolonged stacked pug while still remaining in the server. There is no reason to kick me in that scenario.

And, I'm pretty sure that after all that happened, dudes rarely ever demanded switching teams UNLESS it was in the effort of creating a shorter pug, not a longer one. Sometimes people intentionally capt for the defending team because it's a win-win: either they get rolled fast for a fast pug, or they get to hold for 20ish minutes on a map where long holds are actually *fun*. Tbh I don't like long holds on korr, even if I'm on the holding (winning) team. Best scenario there is for the stacked team to o first.

I also find it funny that Guard gave rcon to not one, but two dudes who rcon forceteam people when they're about to complete objs. I understand it was sort of in a joking context... but really?

Dudes like Tensor, on the other hand.... used to repeatedly ban me until finally he lost admin and boycotted Guard's server, all because of the presence of one mother fucking player. Wanna know something surprising? He STILL got admin after that. It took far, far more transgressions for him to lose admin on impulse, while I lost the mere candidacy of impulse rcon over only one incident.

(end relatively irrelevant post)