ATTN: Dudes who are too scared to try new maps.

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!
Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Re: ATTN: Dudes who are too scared to try new maps.

Post by Roflraptor »

Laser wrote:I don't really see a problem with telling your ebuddies who you play the game with that you no longer wish to play said game, in fact it's better if they let people know, and sometimes it's got more behind it than just being a 'jerk with a bitchy-ass'.

But I see what you mean to a certain degree, I don't like it when people quit so they get attention or they think they're really important when in fact people would rather they didn't play.
I quit because nobody loved me any more. :cry:

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

anymore? :D
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

GUARD!AN wrote:I don't see how this affects us, it's not like Turkey plays korri that often anyways...does he?
It's not like Guard plays all that often enough to judge how often anyone plays korri, therefore he cannot possibly determine what percentage of said korri pugs I actually played before I started this topic... can he?

And I didn't make this topic to grab attention, I did it to make a point. All these dudes are like:

--boo hoo whats this h3h crap dont wanna learn it im scurd n its a long map (BECAUSE KORRIBAN ISNT OF COURSE ROFLIN)
--waaaaaaah its cargHOEbarge TOO MANY HALLWAYS im out cu
--waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah desert DOESNT HAVE ENUF HALLWAYS this map sux
--waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah korri is best map ever BUT PLZ DONT HOLD GREEN OK??????

I'll let you in on something... over in the ctf community, there's 5 base ctf maps. But we only play one of them, because that's how bad Raven is at making maps. The rest of the maps are custom made (and there's a shit ton of them). And nowhere near all of those customs are even played, and they still play more maps than we play in siege.

So just cuz it's a base map doesn't mean it shouldn't get the same treatment/criticism that a custom map would get. I'm treating Korriban like others treat Cargo or H3H. It's really that simple.

Ýô

Post by Ýô »

u sound mad

A nub is In Ur Forum

Post by A nub is In Ur Forum »

Retracted.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

Turky wrote:
GUARD!AN wrote:I don't see how this affects us, it's not like Turkey plays korri that often anyways...does he?
It's not like Guard plays all that often enough to judge how often anyone plays korri, therefore he cannot possibly determine what percentage of said korri pugs I actually played before I started this topic... can he?

And I didn't make this topic to grab attention, I did it to make a point. All these dudes are like:

--boo hoo whats this h3h crap dont wanna learn it im scurd n its a long map (BECAUSE KORRIBAN ISNT OF COURSE ROFLIN)
--waaaaaaah its cargHOEbarge TOO MANY HALLWAYS im out cu
--waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah desert DOESNT HAVE ENUF HALLWAYS this map sux
--waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah korri is best map ever BUT PLZ DONT HOLD GREEN OK??????

I'll let you in on something... over in the ctf community, there's 5 base ctf maps. But we only play one of them, because that's how bad Raven is at making maps. The rest of the maps are custom made (and there's a shit ton of them). And nowhere near all of those customs are even played, and they still play more maps than we play in siege.

So just cuz it's a base map doesn't mean it shouldn't get the same treatment/criticism that a custom map would get. I'm treating Korriban like others treat Cargo or H3H. It's really that simple.
umad?

And who are you trying to fool, you did this for attention.

Turky

Post by Turky »

A nub is In Ur Forum wrote:So if I made a patch that had green precompleted (can do red too if people like that better, since blue seems to be the holy grail,) would people quit whining and PUG it? Hell, I could physically block wook trick if I really wanted to and people would actually cargo more that way (question is, would they?) Hallways... nope, can't do anything about that server-side. Just some thoughts. <cough> And yes, need more h3h2b games... PUG or otherwise. WTB drama-free customs pubs...

Everyone loves to bitch about map/class problems in this community. Hardly anyone actually wants to do anything about them... get a consensus and at least half this shit can be fixed. Kinda makes ya think at least some of em just want to bitch, doesn't it?
I did fix korriban in my own way, which is the only map I actually had a problem with. But dudes didn't like the class changes I made, either. Barely even tried it tbh. So yea, they must just want to keep something to bitch about.

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Turky wrote:
LOL, ok I'll take back what I said then...if you have been pugging Korri more than I remember you playing the last 3 years, then kudos for making an effort to be a step above what you are talking about in this thread ;)
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

A nub is In Ur Forum wrote:Hell, I could physically block wook trick if I really wanted to and people would actually cargo more that way (question is, would they?)
wook trick isn't a problem, it's the last objective which is the big issue, the wookiee trick SAVES the 2nd objective, if you pugged you'd know this.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Turky

Post by Turky »

Laser wrote:if you pugged you'd know this.