So I heard...

Discuss the pug server Impulse.
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

So I heard...

Post by Turky »

That apparently people who kill pugs by changing map with rcon still get to have rcon.

(dis tru?)

Laser
Kopite

Re: So I heard...

Post by Laser »

I blame the recession, I got made redundant by Guardian.

And I know of 2 others who sadly lost their jobs, too. :(
Less QQ more Pew Pew

§ Vail §

Post by § Vail § »

To clarify, I'll explain what happened, we were having a pug tonight and were playing Hoth and Yo thinks it nessecary to rcon change the map to korri in the last few moments of the match. Naturally, we try to vote it back to a map people actually want to play and it turns out Yo disabled voting. This caused jkb to leave and shortly afterwards several other people left. Now we must ask ourselves why people like Jkb/Laser dont have rcon when someone like Yo is still running around trying to force people to play a shitty map no one wants to play.

Ýô

Post by Ýô »

Heard that dudes with low credibility had to ask turk to start a thread to report an "abuse''...

1st of all, hoth 2nd round was already ended, i changed map to korriban cuz some of us wanted to play it and we already played the maps u guys wanted TWICE, even if u dont like the map u cant leave or say your opinion but not votespam

Dunno u guys but i find very annoying that everybody in the server have to obey vail and laser orders @ what map is played

And LOL@ disable voting but when ppl so inmature like u guys is around votespamming all the time i feel obliged to disable it (it was disabled for 2 minutes only though), last time it was me who turned on floodprotect to avoid the so fucking annoying sappos, alert alert bs detected, and all those stuff everyone binds now to act cool.

i shud also mention that u called a vote to kick me once i told u that votes were enabled, it didnt pass but it wouldnt change anything.

If a pug dies cuz some1 leaves, then its that it was gonna die soon anyway, dont try to make some1 guilty for that, btw...

PS: how funny now u cry to make guard give rcon back to the dudes u cryed to get barred from rcon previously.

Turky

Post by Turky »

Dunno u guys but i find very annoying that everybody in the server have to obey vail and laser orders @ what map is played
I'm pretty sure that Laser and Vail couldn't have possibly determined the outcome of votes on their own...

(but you did, suz)

PS: This guy rcon forces a map, then attempts to justify disabling voting? I'm entirely confused.

I lost rcon all those years ago for killing one pug using rcon (not even sure if I did kill it entirely, but we'll assume it). Now it appears that Yo has killed a pug with rcon. That is all.

Lesson learned: If not enough votes are obtained to vote to a map, I think it's a good indication that not enough people want to play it. I think that's the whole point of calling a vote.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Well, this gives us a prime example, at least, of dudes who can't be pleased.

Trk will bitch one day that I don't yews rcon enough and then accuse me of kicking him the next....or bitch at dudes when he fakes AFK cause he doesn't wanna play a particular map.

Anyway, it sounds as if yo was stupid with rcon at a time when being stupid with rcon is PARTICULARLY bad.

I swear....I'm not even logging in anymore until Tom Servo fucking shows up. :D

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Turky

Post by Turky »

Max Rambone wrote:accuse me of kicking him the next....
You actually did.

Given nothing important was going on, and the pug was pretty much over...

But you did. So I'm right :) how's THAT for using admin just because you have it, eh? As I said, Guard's welcome to check logs. It's not hard, just search for "kick" and that should narrow it down considerably.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

No, I actually didn't.

Exactly....Nothing was going on....in fact, you were faking afk for like 45 minutes, so you should have been vote-kicked forty minutes prior....and every five minutes after that for refusing to play Jawa/u vs lowly little yo/me on any map other than hoth....which we had just played and everyone from the last PUG raged because we couldn't vote a different map.

Again, no I didn't but Guard knows what's up so just be comforted in the fact that we have a server owner that is totally boss, dude. ;)

Why are you back on this 'archi kicked me' thing?

Do you not believe Guard?

Considering the keramod passes were known amongst people like kera(of course), duo.....probably jawa, jkb, laser (they had rcon at one time and could obtain these passwords.) Any number of people could have been kicking you or forcing maps, tbh. I actually thought you both vote-kicked yourselves at first to get out of 2v2 yo/I.

~archi

Turky

Post by Turky »

why would you rcon kick someone who wasn't even afk when there wasn't anything serious going on? very confused.

And there really weren't that many people in the server at all. I wanna say it was just you me and Jawa, maybe one other person who probably wasn't savvy enough to have the admin passwords. And since you can't really yews those passwords in RCON SE or anything...

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Turky wrote:why would you rcon kick someone who wasn't even afk when there wasn't anything serious going on? very confused.
That's a very good question.

I wouldn't know the answer since I've only used rcon kick on jkb when he rconmaxxed me multiple times 'cause he was pretty desperate to win and deemed my spam different from his team's spam.

BTW, I usually report all my admin actions in the admin section....especially if I had any doubts about my actions and/or said admined person was a regular....which is pretty rare.

i guarantee you, if I had kicked you, I would have posted something to the effect of 'Trk was being a douche and fake-afking, so I decided he needed a boot' somewhere here.

~archi