siege_malachor

Discuss siege map projects.
lorax
That one guy.

siege_malachor

Post by lorax »

So, I've been thinking about making a map for a while and have messed with radiant enough that I think I might be able to do something. I've had the idea for a while now of a combo of siege and ctf, probably the two most popular gametypes.
Basically like ctf the map is symmetrical, but instead of grabbing a flag and using a bagillion force powers, you have defined classes and you're completing objectives against the other team. Some people are probably thinking, but wait, that's just like silly room! I checked out silly room and it looks awesome, but that's really just control all of these arbitrary locations imo. For this map I want there to be two bases that are snowtroopering each other at the same time. ( Think of making H3H much smaller, copying it, reflecting it, and connecting the two sides )

I thought for a while of doing some sort of korriban map with two sith tombs each being controlled by a faction (empire and republic), but after playing some of kotor II, I really like the look of malachor (v). The idea is that there are two identical (in shape, not colors/look obviously so people can tell which they're in) ships* that managed to crash-land right next to each other. One team controls one ship and another controls the other.
The ships are damaged, so that you can't fly off on them, but they are functioning enough to yews as a base. Each ship has a shuttle that can take off, but it can't fit all of the people of the faction, so you need to steal the opponents shuttle and take off with both. Separating the two ships will be some sort of middle ground that is covered with acid traps, hackable turrets, etc. and you will need to unlock security forcefields in the opponents ship to progress closer to the hangar/shuttle.

Anyway, this is the concept i've come up with so far. I'll try to draw up some schematics in ms paint maybe (i've sketched stuff out but mi scanner won't work :( ). I've seen many times when there are like 14 people on impulse, but 4+ people have to spec because the map just can't handle that many peeps. The thought on this map is that you have to attack and defend simultaneously, so you can have more people playing. I thought i'd post my general idea and ask for feedback/suggestions from the community.

* - ships look kinda like a combo of Leia's Ship from a new hope and the star ship enterprise (from star trek).
Image <----- Like a boss!!!

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Re: siege_malachor

Post by j3rk »

Sounds a little bit like TF2 gameplay... I like it! You should do a 2Fort-style layout perhaps? (http://www.tfportal.de/gfx/content/tf2/ ... _2fort.jpg, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAXOXIW-lqQ) Let me know if you need any help.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

beast, look forward to seeing it
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Ðarth Jedi
First Team
First Team

Post by Ðarth Jedi »

nice

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

That is one of the most creative ideas for siege I have heard of in a long time. Keep us updated on the progress!
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

lorax
That one guy.

Post by lorax »

Basic ship outline, not set in stone by any means. Just mi concept drawing.
Edit: Changed the link to my isp version of the png; shouldn't have pop-ups.
Last edited by lorax on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image <----- Like a boss!!!

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

Good luck fiend.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Darth_Wayne wrote:Good luck fiend.
uhhh ur kind of a dick dood, lorax is mah FRIEND not a fiend (suz)

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Turky wrote:
Darth_Wayne wrote:Good luck fiend.
uhhh ur kind of a dick dood, lorax is mah FRIEND not a fiend (suz)
Typo?

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

He's a fiend, too tbh.

(Your image is too small for me to quite make out what's going on there and the blown up link has way too many popups for me to click thru. :-( )
4 8 15 16 23 42