JAWFOUR

Talk about whatever you wish.
Max Rambone
Ramboner

Re: JAWFOUR

Post by Max Rambone »

None of this BS was used when siege was really popular....

No...s/k every 18 seconds...

No wallhax...

No aimbots...

No yaw....

It's only proof that this is a terribly buggy game and not very well thought-out.....

Though, it still can be fun when you don't play with uber dorks that spend all their time trying to figure out how to:

cg_getskilled 1

lol

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

You cheat if you yews commands put in game!

Seriously it's like this in EVERY game. Things change over time, people find out better ways to do shit. It's either you live with it and stop bitching, or you bitch and go play wow.

CHEW

Post by CHEW »

thank you archi, none of these guys can grasp the concept of actual skill. its nice to see someone else back my theory lol.

Black

Post by Black »

Cheating, there is no debate about what it is, and we all know it. Cut the shit and stop embarrassing yourselves. Back in the good ole days, before anyone except gos and smc knew what minihack was, people actually had to rely on the stock base game.

Some would argue a gaming mouse vs a ball mouse gives an advantage, and it does but it isnt cheating. Changing command lines, settings and adding any non-stock pk3 to the game, is cheating.

I issue a challenge to everyone playing JA, some day, rename and remove your cheats and commands. Play the game out of the box, so to speak. See how good you are...don't tell anyone and dont post it. Just do it to knock yourself down a peg. Then resume cheating...

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

using commands built into the game is cheating? Honest question -- I'm confused as to how you're defining "settings" and "command lines."

The only commands in basejka that obviously weren't meant for yews by the player in a "live game," as we define it, are the ones protected under sv_cheats 0, or devmap if you will.

What, so changing my max fps from default of 85 to higher, that's cheating? (not that I need more than 85) Or what if I want to see FPS? That isn't displayed by default.

What about using an snd_restart to get rid of the korri bug. Is that cheating? (say you're a jk2 aficionado and want the text nearer to the top of the screen)

What if I wanted to yews the smaller built in HUD? (/cg_hudfiles 1) Is that cheating? It's fair to presume that the alternate HUD was put there for good reason, I don't need more clutter on my screen than I already delegate to it.

What if you wanted to increase picmip to 16 to improve your framerate? Is that cheating? (Of course! In order to keep you from cheating we shall force you to play on 20 fps instead of 30!)

What if you wanted to change where the text appears on the screen with cg_chatboxheight? Is that cheating?

What about changing snaps to 40 and rate to 25000? Fuck, I bet even Chew does that, at least the rate part. It's not like we're going to deliberately give ourselves worse pings than we know we can attain...

heck, that's almost as bad as my dad starting with $300 in craps, being $3000 up, but insisting on using it to make his $300 last as long as possible, instead of walking away and cashing in. While his philosophy is that gambling is for entertainment, and not income, the line's still gotta be drawn somewhere.

As you can see, the possibilities are quite diverse as to what can be accomplished with a console command. If what you're suggesting is that no one should *ever* change any ingame setting from its default with a console command (or cfg), then the list above contains some examples of things to keep in mind.

Also keep in mind that most/all of the things I listed above (and many more non-malicious commands) are not accessible from the ingame GUI settings menu.

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

I don't think I could play with r_shownormals 0 :(

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

gratz @ jawfour for winnin his first ql scrim!!!!

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Quake WARS, people....

Quake WARS.

Get it.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

Quake series > Enemy Territory > ET:QW

FACT. (lol i pulled a turk)

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Darth_Wayne wrote:gratz @ jawfour for winnin his first ql scrim!!!!

owned.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.