ATTN: schrute, jkb, svail, jaw4

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!
Max Rambone
Ramboner

Re: ATTN: schrute, jkb, svail, jaw4

Post by Max Rambone »

The Mass Effect series is pretty beast.

KOTOR was, of course, win.

I liked Fallout: New Vegas.

Haven't played Mafia II in a bit, but it was pretty good.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Max Rambone wrote:The Mass Effect series is pretty beast.

~archi

I didn't really like Mass Effect that much, it was an alright, solid game. I certainly didn't think it lived up to the hype though. KOTOR is good, obviously. I didn't play New Vegas, but I bet I sunk somewhere around 60+ hours into the original Fallout 3.
Right now I'm playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Dragon Age Origins. I really like Amnesia cause it's a throwback adventure game like Monkey Island/King's Quest/Full Throttle where there's no fighting, lots of puzzle solving, etc. I miss games like that. (Still holding onto the hope for Monkey Island 5...)

Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Post by Roflraptor »

Magyk wrote:

~archi

I didn't really like Mass Effect that much, it was an alright, solid game. I certainly didn't think it lived up to the hype though. KOTOR is good, obviously. I didn't play New Vegas, but I bet I sunk somewhere around 60+ hours into the original Fallout 3.
Right now I'm playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Dragon Age Origins. I really like Amnesia cause it's a throwback adventure game like Monkey Island/King's Quest/Full Throttle where there's no fighting, lots of puzzle solving, etc. I miss games like that. (Still holding onto the hope for Monkey Island 5...)

As if not mention Grim Fandango. Love that game. :)

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Don't care what anyone says...

AGE OF EMPIRES IS STILL BOSS 8-)

shulba
Tensor's minion

Post by shulba »

nop...

ocarina of time is

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Roflraptor wrote:
Magyk wrote:

~archi

Actually, that's the only Lucas Arts adventure game I haven't played all the way through (I'm pretty sure) and coincidentally enough, I just started it yesterday, seems pretty much like your run of the mill Lucas Arts classic. The other ones I've played were Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, All of the Monkey Islands, Sam and Max, LOOM, The Dig, The Fate of Atlantis, Full Throttle, and Zach McKracken. So once I finish up the Grim Fandango, I think I'll have covered all of the Lucas Arts games! =p

Edit:

@Shulba,
Like countless others I'm sure, Ocarina of Time is far and away my favorite video game of all time. ;)

Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Post by Roflraptor »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:Don't care what anyone says...

AGE OF EMPIRES IS STILL BOSS 8-)

Age of Empires was cool, I preferred its RoR expansion though. No unit queueing in the original was pretty bad once you knew the difference. :)

Magyk wrote:
Roflraptor wrote:
Magyk wrote:

~archi

Actually, that's the only Lucas Arts adventure game I haven't played all the way through (I'm pretty sure) and coincidentally enough, I just started it yesterday, seems pretty much like your run of the mill Lucas Arts classic. The other ones I've played were Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, All of the Monkey Islands, Sam and Max, LOOM, The Dig, The Fate of Atlantis, Full Throttle, and Zach McKracken. So once I finish up the Grim Fandango, I think I'll have covered all of the Lucas Arts games! =p

Edit:

@Shulba,
Like countless others I'm sure, Ocarina of Time is far and away my favorite video game of all time. ;)

Nice list. Wish I had the time to play through some of those again.

Oddly enough, for all the awesome old games that I've played through, I've never played Ocarina of Time. Only experience I had with the N64 was at my friend's place and Goldeneye was the game of choice. :lol:

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

This game had the shittiest graphics/most fun gameplay of all time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starflight

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

§ Vail §

Post by § Vail § »

lol nice build at 40 mins jawa noob