Downloading Ventrilo and joining *rS! vent server

Comments/Complaints/Discussion about the mumble voice chat server.
Max Rambone
Ramboner

Re: Downloading Ventrilo and joining *rS! vent server

Post by Max Rambone »

Vent is both fun and helpful.

Some people are just douchebags, but I never let it get too out of hand if I'm on.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

Duo wrote:
Roflraptor wrote:Going to put in an encouraging word for those unsure about vent. I'm happy to give you helpful tips about little things that you could perhaps improve. It's a lot harder to do that if you're not in vent and I usually don't stop to type unless I'm waiting to respawn.

I have to say, I do sometimes get a little cynical when I'm tired though and I definitely need to stop doing that. It would help if more people came on vent so that I couldn't hold my press to talk key down for as long. :lol:

95% of my rage is directed at people who aren't in vent for the reason that they aren't in vent. If you're in vent and doing something wrong, I can tell you. If you're not in vent and in blissful ignorance of your retardedness, then it's very frustrating because I have to stop playing to just sit there chatting because you have no idea that you're being terrible. If I have to stop playing and remove myself from the video game in order to tell you to stop doing something, you probably shouldn't be playing at Impulse. So get vent and stop being shitty.

It's even worse when the shitty tries to defend himself, because for whatever reason it seems like they always take 5000 times as long to type as me. It works out like this:

*I spend 4 seconds typing in spawn*
Me: get off fucking lando retard you have 600 ping
*shitty spends 10 seconds typing in spawn*
Shitty: b ut dup iscuot' in tempst lol iam godo
*shitty spends another 10 seconds typing in spawn*
Shitty: dup y u said 2 laeve scuot/
*rest of the team gets raped*
Shitty: dup'
Shitty: dup u tehre/

Magyk is a prime example of this scenario... and he said he wouldn't get vent until he gets a mic. Dude prefers being blissfully ignorant of his retardedness. What a douchebag. By the way, I can't even count how many times Magyk has fucked up the spawn wait -_- if he were in vent then people could remind him.

Piston

Post by Piston »

Duo wrote:
Roflraptor wrote:Going to put in an encouraging word for those unsure about vent. I'm happy to give you helpful tips about little things that you could perhaps improve. It's a lot harder to do that if you're not in vent and I usually don't stop to type unless I'm waiting to respawn.

I have to say, I do sometimes get a little cynical when I'm tired though and I definitely need to stop doing that. It would help if more people came on vent so that I couldn't hold my press to talk key down for as long. :lol:

95% of my rage is directed at people who aren't in vent for the reason that they aren't in vent. If you're in vent and doing something wrong, I can tell you. If you're not in vent and in blissful ignorance of your retardedness, then it's very frustrating because I have to stop playing to just sit there chatting because you have no idea that you're being terrible. If I have to stop playing and remove myself from the video game in order to tell you to stop doing something, you probably shouldn't be playing at Impulse. So get vent and stop being shitty.

It's even worse when the shitty tries to defend himself, because for whatever reason it seems like they always take 5000 times as long to type as me. It works out like this:

*I spend 4 seconds typing in spawn*
Me: get off fucking lando retard you have 600 ping
*shitty spends 10 seconds typing in spawn*
Shitty: b ut dup iscuot' in tempst lol iam godo
Shitty: dup y u said 2 laeve scuot/
Shitty: dup'
Shitty: dup u tehre/

You raged a lot of times because of me but i like when you are shouting WHAT THE FUCK R U DOING? ;)

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Typical Turkey being oblivious to the fact that morons like him are the reason I won't get vent without a mic. Why would I get vent without a method to defend myself against your idiocy?
Also a classic case of Turk being turk, I miss one spawn time this week (because my sound cut out, no less) and suddenly I mess up every time in the history of siege. Turkey, king of hyperbole and overstatement.

Oh, and where do you get off calling me a douchebag for no reason? Been taking PR lessons from Kera, have we?

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

well interisting and yes i can till screw it up dont worry. I cant do it till probably this summer or so even if i cant manage an a in science :/ All the same if u wanna yell at me just send me pm or xf. Now i might not even read it depending who its from but all the same... Constructive criticism is always nice not raging at the person helps too..... :) But regaurdless ill get it soon-ish

Turky

Post by Turky »

You've missed spawns a lot of times, Magyk. You may not remember because you were blissfully ignorant of your retardedness, but we do remember.

And if you were EVER in vent, you would know that a lot of the time we say things like "hey that guy jacked my ammo can, what a douchebag" even though we don't mean any offense by it. Thus you would know the context of my comment, if you used vent.

Duo

Post by Duo »

I don't know why Magyk thinks he is so innocent that he can "defend himself" from criticism in vent in the first place. Like the other day when he was blocking me in so I was stuck in between crates for several seconds and couldn't get out and was promptly detted in the head because I couldn't move. I don't know how you can "defend" yourself from criticism for making blatant errors. If you fuck up, you deserve the criticism you get. It makes you better. If you just want to play in happy happy fun land, play on Tempest.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

You don't have to be a douche about it though.

Jokingly calling someone a name is all in good fun, but...

Yelling like nuts and throwing chairs is just not necessary, Bobby Knight.

Although, it has become kinda comical to me...I LoL when Duo rages, so maybe I'm just used to it.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I dot care if you criticize me, but I'm not putting up with mindless unwarranted attacks on my person.

Turky

Post by Turky »

I dot care.. does that mean I.care?

And I saw a lot of "mindless unwarranted" attacks from Magyk the other night when him and Raptor were having that argument on Impulse about whether math is useful. Dude throwing stones from a glass house.