FPS/Ping Guide for JKA

Get help for problems you may have with technology, math, or women.

Moderator: Turky

Max Rambone
Ramboner

FPS/Ping Guide for JKA

Post by Max Rambone »

http://thejediacademy.net/~jastaff/stuf ... m/fps.html

r_picmip "3" - This is the texture detail command found in Setup / Video. The higher the number, the less detail you will have. 5 is a good value, because it blurs out the textures so you can see your enemies clearer, but if that's too much for you, try 3 or 4. The command defaults to 1 and can go up to 16. If you have simple items enabled (explained next), you'll want to set picmip to 3. Anything higher and some items become blurred beyond recognition.

cg_simpleItems "1" - This command makes the items on the map "simple" by changing them into 2d icons from 3d models. Set this to 1 to gain fps. If your r_picmip setting is above 3, some of the items will appear blurry with simpleitems enabled.

r_fastsky "1" - When set to 1, This command disables the sky, giving you better fps.

r_dynamicglow "0" - Setting this to 1 creates a fancy glowing lightsaber effect at the cost of fps. Keep it at 0 to save frames. Thanks for this addition goes to ihp|Clarity.

cg_rendertotexturefx "0" - Setting this command to 0 takes off the faggoty "bubble effect" that appears with force push/pull. Some users (cards) have this set to 0 by default for some reason, but if you see the effect and want it gone, here is your fix. The fps boost is small, but the stupid effect gets annoying after a while, especially in push/pull newbie infested servers.

PING COMMANDS

rate "26500" - Optimal setting for a high speed internet connection. yews 3000 if you're on dial up. If your high speed connect sucks, you might want to experiment with values lower than 25000.
snaps "40" - Any server admin who knows what he/she is doing will set the sv_fps to 30 for a smoother ride. You'll need to set your snaps to 30 or higher to take full advantage of this. The default snaps/sv_fps settings is 20. If you play with 20 snaps on an optimized server with 30 sv_fps, your ping will be much higher (possibly 20-30ms higher) than it would be if your snaps setting is equal to or greater than 30. Go with 40 just be safe.

cl_timenudge "0" - This command compensates for lag and will make your ping feel lower at the expense of choppy enemies. Values are always in the negatives, with 0 (off) being the default. Experiment with this setting depending on your ping/connection. -20 is a good setting for a 60-70 ping, -30 for 100 ping, etc. If the enemies are too choppy for you, keep this at 0.

cl_maxpackets "100" - If you have a low ping go with 100. If you're struggling for a decent ping, you might want to try 30 - 50.

This is just a few I picked out from that guide...DON'T TURN YOUR RADAR OFF BTW...LOL.

The rate and snaps on Impulse is 26500/30....Guess setting snaps higher just gives you max like the other cvars.

Also, I yews these....I didn't see them mentioned...

cg_smoothclients "1" - This is supposed to keep other people from lagging you and warping so much...it kinda works.
cl_packetdup "1" - Allows transmission of duplicate packets to make up for lost packets. (0-5) If you have a great connection (LAN) you can set this to 0.....if you have a shitty connection and drop lots of packets, you might need to yews 5.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Sakke

Re: FPS/Ping Guide for JKA

Post by Sakke »

Thanks. What do the last two commands do?
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

cg_smoothclients "1" - This is supposed to keep other people from lagging you and warping so much...it kinda works.
cl_packetdup "1" - Allows transmission of duplicate packets to make up for lost packets. (0-5) If you have a great connection (LAN) you can set this to 0.....if you have a shitty connection and drop lots of packets, you might need to yews 5.

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

Re-post from a user who left us this very useful in our previous forum "

"It's a collection of commands that I did at the time it was played JK3 sick, is a former guide so if you notice the difference in the changes is for their pc` s.

cg_drawfps "1" Show fps in the upper right corner

r_OverBrightBits "0" - lower the brightness of the maps and in some pc `s better or worse fps

r_intensity "1.8" - This command increases the brightness of colors and textures. With r_OverBrightBits low, you may need to change this to 2 (default is 1).

r_gamma "2" - This is the main command that adjusts the brightness level all throughout the game. All home screens and menus to try with 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, 2, etc ... until you feel better the game goes

r_vertexLight "1" - This is the command to enable vertex lightning, eliminates many of the effects of the game, is not very good but a bit low fps

r_picmip "3" - For details of the textures, the higher the number the less verbose, 5 is a good value, you can see enemies clearer, but if your pc is too much for test 3 or 4 (value default is 1 and can reach up to 16)

cg_simpleItems "1" - makes the items on the map look simple, it changes the icons (weapons) from 3D to 2D. If the setting is above r_picmip 3, some elements will be fuzzy simpleitems enabled.

com_maxfps "120" - Limits the frames per second

r_displayRefresh "120" - Sets the screen refresh rate of your monitor.

r_texturebits "16" Switch 32-bit textures to 16 (with modern pc `s not necessary)

r_colorbits "16" Changes colors from 32 bits to 16 (not necessary in modern `s pc)

r_depthbits "16" - changes the color depth to 16 bits to 32 bits is softer image

r_lodbias "2" - Set of geometric detail is in Setup / Video, makes the models look square, 2 is the lowest quality (more fps)

r_fastsky "1" - When set to 1, this command disables the sky, giving you more fps.

r_textureMode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST" - yews bilinear filtering to give you more fps.

r_mode "3" - change the resolution to 640x480, 4 = 800x600 5 = 1024x768, 400x300 etc. 2 =. nobody in their right mind would change it xD

cg_shadows "0" - Eliminate the shadows of the players, are ugly and is a real murderer fps for some pcs, you should yews this command

com_hunkmegs "128" - This command tells the game how much RAM to allocate. In general, should be about 1 / 2 or 1 / 3 of total RAM. The default is 56.

cg_drawcrosshair "-6" - This command selects the spotlight, -6 is a red dot. The point does not work on all maps and will appear as a gray box at times. To select the focus, you can choose from 1 to 9, or even experiment with some negative values ​​at random.

cg_crosshairsize "24" - is the size of the rod, 8 is the red dot 24 is the default.

cg_fov "97" - is to improve your view. The default value is 80, higher values ​​will give a broader perspective of your surroundings. (97 is highest)

cg_marks "0" - Eliminates damage marks on the walls of such missiles, for some reason does not work (c. ....) Activision and just in case I leave it to 0.

cg_gibs "0" as it is no yews to remove blood splatter Jk3 obviously has not, but the command is part of the game, anyway I leave it to 0

cg_noprojectiletrail "1" - Turn left smoke rockets. The smoke and eat valuable fps can be a hassle.

cg_thirdperson "1" - Switch to first person camera, especially for mercs.

cg_drawGun "0" - Deletes the gun on the screen (can only be felt in first person). This configuration allows a slight increase in fps. Some people like to see weapons, others find it distracting.

cg_hudfiles "1" - Deletes the fans that measure the health bar, strength, leaving only numbers (default 0).

cg_drawTimer "1" puts in the upper right corner a clock that measures the time you've been on the server.

cg_drawAttacker "0" disables the 2D image of the person attacking you (useless?)

These commands are noted only in first person, supposedly improves movement in first person. never tried it.

cg_bobpitch "0"

cg_bobroll "0"

cg_runroll "0"

cg_runpitch "0"

cg_forcemodel "1" - Change the skin of the players in the game (left by default to all as Kyle Katarn)

cg_drawteamoverlay "1" - not good for it serves, but has to do with a message that car parks in the upper right corner, tell about something that has to do with heal xDD

cg_autoswitch "0" - Disables atumatico change "Change for a more powerful weapon) chickens leave this at 1.

sensitivity "8" - Adjusts the sensitivity of the mouse.

cl_mouseaccel "0" - 0 is the default.

cg_aurashell "1" - This defaults to 1 But do not make sure you turn it off (like I did before) or force seeing will not work. Wall hackers, pay Attention to this.

cg_repeaterorb "1" - Change weapon projectile Repeater in a small glowing sphere.

rate "25000" - Best for Internet connection speed. yews 3000 if you are on dial-up. If your broadband connection is bad, try values ​​less than 25000.

snaps "40" - Sets a limit on the server fps (only for admins), but I can not remember how to yews it. spent 2 years "^ ^

cl_maxpackets "100" - Improves response between the server and you, if you yews ping under 100, if you have problems with the ping test with 30 or 50

r_dynamicglow "0" - in 1 enhances the effect of sabers, consumes more fps

cg_rendertotexturefx "0" - Removes the bubble effect that appears when using Push and Pull

these commands are what help to improve the lag

cl_maxpackets "100" I yews 100 because I have ping 67 or 74 if anyone has more like 174 ping has to yews 30 or 50, but each one is trying
rate "25000"
snaps "40"

The rest of the command is to improve fps, on my old pc of those of 32 video xDD get to leave the fps with this guide in 80 to 90, you spent qlo told me xDD

PS: These are currently using

cg_hudfiles "1"
cg_renderToTextureFX "0"
cl_maxpackets "100"
snaps "40"
com_maxfps "150"
cg_drawteamoverlay "1"
rate "25000"
cg_autoswitch "0"
cg_bobup "0"
cg_bobpitch "0"
cg_bobroll "0"
cg_runroll "0"
cg_runpitch "0"

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Post by Turky »

It's cl_packetdup, not cl_packetdups. The latter will return as an unknown command.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Fixed.

Thanks.

~archi

Duo

Post by Duo »

If anyone has less than 60 fps after this guide, let me know. I have a particle effects reducing mod I made back when I had a shitty comp. Basically it reduces the amount of little sparks and smoke shit that happen when you yews explosives, fire guns, etc. Back on my shitty computer it gave me a huge gain in fps. Don't have access to it right now so can't post it.

Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Post by Darth_Wayne »

Duo wrote:If anyone has less than 60 fps after this guide, let me know. I have a particle effects reducing mod I made back when I had a shitty comp. Basically it reduces the amount of little sparks and smoke shit that happen when you yews explosives, fire guns, etc. Back on my shitty computer it gave me a huge gain in fps. Don't have access to it right now so can't post it.

hahaha

now change.

Duo

Post by Duo »

Darth_Wayne wrote:
Duo wrote:If anyone has less than 60 fps after this guide, let me know. I have a particle effects reducing mod I made back when I had a shitty comp. Basically it reduces the amount of little sparks and smoke shit that happen when you yews explosives, fire guns, etc. Back on my shitty computer it gave me a huge gain in fps. Don't have access to it right now so can't post it.

hahaha

now change.

smile for screen :D

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Heh duo actually posted in somthing he not totally afk. ;)