Freespace 2

Discuss other games you play!

Freespace 2

Postby Silver Absolution on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:40 am

Here I come with the(in my opinion- among many other's ) BEST space flight sim of the world 8-)
It's set in 2345, where the humans( commonly known as Terrans), have expanded throughout the galaxy, founding two alien species:
The Vasudans
And later on, the Shivans :?
Now, this game was released in 1999. I KNOW IT'S WAAY OLD. and it's graphics back then cannot be compared with today's games
Example:
yeh, crappy. And you dont want to see in-game effects >_<
BUT(T), a now huuuuge development team got together to create what is now known as The Source Code Project ( Thanks Volition for releasing the source code :D ). Among the many mods and added content. they got this game's audio and graphics soooo high that now it looks as if it were a game of the last year :O
If you never heard of this game, now it would be the chance of getting it. Though the main campaign can get a lil boring at times, it's worth it. Specially because you can then get more campaigns that continue the story(fan-made, obviously... Volition died DX). I recommend the Blue Planet Saga, it's just the GREATEST and most inmersing one.

Epic Get-Clear-Of-The-Blast moments (HQ/HD)
More Screenshots Here
Aaaanyway, GO, SEARCH IT, FIND IT, DOWNLOAD IT AND PLAY IT. Or I'll have this guy sleep under your bed:
Oh, and before I forget, the ones who get it get this
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/120921839-4.jpg
~Silver Blur
Silver Absolution

Topic author
Local time: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:56 pm

Re: Freespace 2

Postby Magyk on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:25 am

Maybe best space flight sim (i've never played it) but i can personally guarantee you that best flight sim of all time falls to Crimson Skies.

The voice acting, characters, atmosphere of this game is fucking remarkable. On top of that is a lengthy, interesting campaign mode (with epic plots), a bunch of bonus content, create-your-own plane options, and amazing gameplay.

One of the few games I have EVER played where I actually cared about the characters. You get attached to them from 10 minutes into the game. You get pissed when they get double crossed, you feel happy when they have success. It's seriously impressive how well done this game is. You even get attached to your home-Zeppelin the Pandora. Anytime the Pandora gets attacked (it get's seized at one point in the game) you treat it like a serious grudge match against the opposing air pirates.

The game is set in an alternate history of the 1930s in which the United States has balkanized into a number of smaller sovereignties, and in which air travel has become the primary mode of transportation in North America. The game centers around Nathan Zachary, an adventurous air pirate seeking to rob the affluent of their wealth and power.[4] Throughout the campaign, Zachary leads his gang of air pirates, the Fortune Hunters, on a quest to gain fame and riches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson_Sk ... eo_game%29

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Highscores: 3
Local time: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: Freespace 2

Postby Silver Absolution on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:14 am

ahh... heard of it once. Indeed it is a good one.
Well, yes, the FS2 main campaign does not have you a proper 'main character'. But, once you get those new campaigns, it all changes. A perfect example is the Blue Planet Saga. It has now 2 parts: Age of Aquarius, and War in Heaven 1.
Voice acting of AoA is THE BE(A)ST. In fact, many people thought at first that the team hired professionals 8-) . Here pilots have their story, specially the main character. And the story is soo inmersive that you actually end up understanding the feelings of each one of the charachters throughout the game.
Only crappy thing of WiH1 is that still it isn't voice acted, but still it keeps up with AoA perfectly. Here having your main charachter with her thought divided between what she was thaught since a child and the war crude reality.
Blue Planet Saga
~Silver Blur
Silver Absolution

Topic author
Local time: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:56 pm

Return to Other Games