Post by Magyk »

Turky wrote:Shulba

SHULLLLLLLLBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. :(

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Re: D3 5-15-12

Post by GUARD!AN »

Turky wrote:
Max Rambone wrote:Mostly, I've been working on leveling my third 50....a Juggernaut...for the legacy buff and the fact that you can never really find a real tank. :)

THAT'S A HUGE HINT GUARD.

LOL until they make the game more interesting I doubt I'll enjoy it like I did for that first month.

Turky wrote:Oh and I laugh at your logic of "why craft anything when you can buy whatever you want." I yews 2 radioactive pastes (usually sell for 7k a piece) to make implants that I sell for 30k each. Huge profit margin there. So if you play it right, you can make shit that you don't need, and sell it to get money for shit you do need. I've seen my income jump drastically from selling shit that I craft.

And if you're cool like Shulba, you can yews reverse engineering to craft things like rakata-level enhancements for hundreds of thousands apiece, using materials that you can get in doing less than an hour of space missions for 2-3 days... you're really missing out, man. When you get to level 50, you'll realize that there's certain things that are so rare that they aren't worth the money, or they'll simply be things that money can't buy at all (and can only be obtained through crafting).

Meh, sitting around crafting all day and selling it just doesn't seem all that exciting to me honestly. I'll hop on more often though since I'm sure there has been a lot of new content since I last played and it's worth giving a second look.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

I don't sit around a craft all day....but I really don't craft for profit.

I usually jump on each of my 4-5 characters I mess with and send every companion I can out on some mission....most times, I have a plan....other times, I just send them out to get random shit.

Then I do a few mission of some kind whether it's dailies, space missions, or class missions.

I do just sit around and craft if I'm not really in the mood to play, but also am not doing much else on the computer or trying to watch a movie or something.

~archi

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

idk if this has been established yet in this thread but d3 is an awful game and a waste of money, highly recommend you do not waste money.

Silver Absolution

Post by Silver Absolution »

Your brain must had been damaged in some awful way. You cannot possibly believe that :?

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I never really liked Diablo games, but that's just because I don't like that kind of game. Notrly a criticism of their quality.

...but it IS a blizzard game, so I don't doubt it's shittastic.

Kerafym
jkb's bro & svail's fiend

Post by Kerafym »

Magyk wrote:I never really liked Diablo games, but that's just because I don't like that kind of game. Notrly a criticism of their quality.

...but it IS a blizzard game, so I don't doubt it's shittastic.

Blizzard's been slipping. With the exception of SC2 I've been pretty unimpressed with their past couple of years. HOTS is making me pretty nervous, too...

There are too many problems with D3 to list with any manner of brevity, but I'll just bang a few out.

The game was clearly not ready for release. There were a ton of bugs, ridiculous class balance problems, and they're STILL fixing some kind of exploitable chest/goblin/etc every other to every third day. These are things that would be caught with any DECENT level of player testing outside of the developers themselves dicking around in the game.

The storyline is awful. Absolutely awful. If I had read the synopsis, I would have assumed it was some shitty fanfiction written by a 12 year old and riddled with grammatic errors rather than something that would be produced by a professional video game company, let alone one of Blizzard's reputation. There were several holes, little continuity between the previous two games or expansions for either, and a ton of shit got retconned. The story was paper thin; I was calling out things that were going to happen immediately after any character was even mentioned, let alone introduced, let alone any actual foreshadowing, because the game was just that transparent.

3/4ths of the environment were places you played through in Diablo 2. The first 2 acts were exactly the same environment, with the third act taking place in the same place as the fifth act of Diablo 2. There's a difference between paying homage and being lazy, and with a story as rich as the Diablo universe, do you REALLY need to rehash the same locations for THREE QUARTERS of the game?

The entire game is plagued with forced references to the first and second game. I assume that this is supposed to be a tip of the hat to the veteran gamers who played the games enough to immediately recognize all of them, but it loses it's charm when you realize you're going to be running into throwbacks every minute or so for the ENTIRE game.

The servers are a joke, the auction house is a joke, the loot generation is a joke, Inferno mode is a joke that's ALREADY GETTING NERFED a month after release, the developers are awful and have no idea how to balance, the gameplay is unfun in general, and there's simply no replayability in the game at all.

I was able to clear each difficult in fewer than 5 hours after I beat the game the first time. While each level is "randomly generated," the general layout is always the same. You just have different rooms on the side of the particular corridor or cave you're running through that you can go into if you want, but it's not at all a different level design. There's less replay value in D3 than there was in D2, which was MILES below D1.

For all it's flaws, the only decent part of the game was the skill system. I know that's what a lot of people complain the most about, but most of them complaining that it "ruined the diablo feel" didn't even play Diablo 1 to know that Diablo 2 was completely different from Diablo 1, so it only makes sense for Diablo 3 to be completely different from either. I think that their skill system is actually pretty cool from a design standpoint and would create some interesting play if it wasn't so god awfully done from a balance standpoint. Every class has 1-3 good abilities, a few abilties to support those good abilities, and the rest of the 20 or so abilities are just awful and not even worth a second glance. All but 3-4 of the passives for any given class are an awful waste of time, and while I really like that you don't have to level statistics anymore, which were largely just a necessity to equip gear in Diablo 2, with the rest being poured into Vit, making gear changes tedious because you'd have to get charms or remake your character if your statistics were insufficient, or sacrifice life to set your statistics too high for your current gear in order to accommodate future gear choices, it's offset by the fact that their lootsystem is just awful. I'm not going to get into why it's awful, because that discussion would be longer than this entire post, but suffice it to say that they fucked up pretty bad.

Oh, right, and the servers suck donkey nuts. I ping better to Aus servers than I do to D3 servers past like 2 pm.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

tl;dr

Kain
The Twelve Year Old

Post by Kain »

I actually like D3's gameplay a lot. I consider myself a casual gamer and D3, for me, is a lot of fun. Now I couldn't care less about the story, I just skip through it. I enjoy the gameplay and I like that I can jump into my friends' games.
Just my .02