The time has come my friends

Discuss siege map projects.
aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

The "Kill the mutant rancor" map is finally in BETA status (maybe final, that depends on you).

Here is the link: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/91829983/file.html

Have Fun! :D

Who had the alpha version, don't forget to remove it (well in think this overwrite those file, but I can't be sure).

Well the obj map looks funny, but that's the best I can draw in paint. :P

Xeon

Caesar

Re: The time has come my friends

Post by Caesar »

already got in base and ready to go hope to play ot some time soon.

~Ceasar

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Yeah I hope it, too.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

that sounds sooo pedo

but yeah, ima download

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

xd ty Ram :D

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

Nice, it's running on ESM. Did you get all of your questions resolved? Sorry I just received you PMs when I logged in just now.

Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Post by Roflraptor »

A few things with this map I found just messing around in it. I like the concept of the map but I have a few issues with the design.

First of all, I figured you meant to make those three objectives at the start non-linear (killing the gen thing(?), erasing data, opening doors). However, two in particular are too close together. By the time you kill the gen (I'm calling it the gen, I forget what it was for. :D) you're probably going to get the data erased for free straight after. It's minor but maybe spreading things out a bit more might help?

Another thing is the whole taking down the wall thing. I kind of like how you can do this from both inside and outside but how exactly are the defenders supposed to deal with that? Currently there is no way for the defenders to quickly move between indoor and outdoor areas unless the outdoor wall is destroyed first.

Also, the ATST can currently take down every single wall without needing to move. I'm not sure if you intended it to be like this but it really doesn't have to traverse that an entire open area in order for it to target the walls. Just move your aim slightly to the right and shoot. Perhaps an easy solution to this would be to make the inner wall stronger than the outer wall (so that rocket splash cannot effectively kill the inner wall from the atst spawn). Or perhaps alter the layout so that the atst needs to come around a corner in order to target the walls (hoth-style shield gen).

I couldn't get the mutant rancor to spawn whilst playing it your map on the ESM server btw, so I didn't manage to try out any of the stuff after the first four objectives. I thought I had done something wrong the first time by completing the objectives out of order, so I restarted the map but still couldn't get it to spawn even doing things by the numbers. I looked through some of your posts and it seemed like it should be spawning, so I have no idea what the issue might be.

Some other stuff which I think could improve the map is making all of the ceilings larger and the hallways bigger. Currently it's a bit of a claustrophobe's nightmare. It makes me feel like I'm constantly running through the midget door at hoth, which is a problem because every corridor pretty much becomes a choke point as your mobility is severely limited. If you think about why the midget door at the hoth hangar is such a problem, you'll realise why having such a small space to fight in is such a big problem here as well. In addition to the size, I encountered a few invisible walls that need to be fixed as well.

Overall, as I mentioned, I like the concept of this map. It just needs some heavy alteration to the layout to make it workable.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

^yeah, what i wanted to say but didnt know how to make it less meanly criticised

Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Post by Roflraptor »

Also, I realised I was playing with the alpha version and that's why I was getting those invisible walls. Skip that part out but the rest is pretty much the same. Still couldn't get the mutant rancor to spawn.

Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Post by Roflraptor »

Ramshi wrote:less meanly criticised

What are you trying to say about my post, Hmm? Hmmmm.