The time has come my friends

Discuss siege map projects.
aradorasxeon

Re: The time has come my friends

Post by aradorasxeon »

@Roflraptor

Hmm, this doesn't spawn thing is strange , it's working fine at me, well I always tested on my homemade japlus server, so that may can be the problem.
About generator, and erasing data:
They are together, you have to destroy the generator to access the door which leads to the eraser. Well the erasing takes about 20 secs, so I think defenders can defend that, but we'll see it in a match or two.
Yeah at-st can destroy the wall from its spawn point, well I'll see what can I do about this, the hard part is coming after the wall is down. You have to drive the at-st through the "valley", and the defenders can easily destroy it with those emplaced guns (they respawn).
I will take a look on the ceillings :D.
I should add some more turrets, so if they are activated, an attacker demo won't be able to destroy the wall that easily.

Oh, and by the way you can try the last obj, since I wasn't able to spawn the datapad after killing the rancor, so you can try that :D

@j3rk
Yes I've solved most of them, but some strange things came up, I gonna write this in PM, too:
- Levelshot does not show up
- The mutant rancor is easier to kill with an e-11, than with at-st
- Originally I wanted that the turrets could be activated only by with tesh classes, but the idealclass key hadn't got any effect

@Ramshi
You mentioned last time why aren't there gollan, and heavy repeater weapons. I don't remember if I answeared it, so here it is: The corridors aren't those big ones, so I didn't add these weapons, because then corridors could be easily spammed with them. (Instead of them they got a lot bigger hp).

Xeon

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

@Ramshi
You mentioned last time why aren't there gollan, and heavy repeater weapons. I don't remember if I answeared it, so here it is: The corridors aren't those big ones, so I didn't add these weapons, because then corridors could be easily spammed with them. (Instead of them they got a lot bigger hp).

10-4

- The mutant rancor is easier to kill with an e-11, than with at-st

lolwtf?

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

- Levelshot needs to match the path of your actual map, so it needs to be in levelshots/mp/siege_ktr.jpg
- I kind of think the mutant_rancor is bugged which is why it doesn't show up on the ESM server. I'm not sure about that though, I've never used that NPC before. It shows up when I run a local server like you said, so ... shrug. Maybe when Guard uploads it to Imp we can see if it shows up there. It could be something with the ESM server. Also I think you'd have to modify the .npc file to affect which weapons damage it. I'm not too sure about that either.
- I assume you had idealclass set to KTR_14 or whatever? That should have worked. Those hacks should probably be trigger_once unless you have them set up to be enabled & disabled. That wouldn't affect the idealclass key though.

P.S. You might want to put the datapad on radar :-)

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

In think the levelshot is in the same folder you've just written.
Yeah I want to put that on radar, but even you had problem with that last time, so I decided to wait with that, till you can do that properly :D
Well the mutant rancor spawner is targeted by the siege file, if that helps you.
Yeah I had those idealclass, I tired them with queotes, and without them, I yews trigger_multiple, cause I'd like to be able to switch them on and off.
About the NPC file, I made an NPC file (you know lowered hp, and smarter rancor) but it didn't want to spawn that in, so the actual hp was modificated by the spawner, that may caused the problem.

@Ramshi what that "10-4" means? Sorry man but I have no idea what did you want to say. :shock:

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

@Ramshi what that "10-4" means? Sorry man but I have no idea what did you want to say.

10-4 just means 'roger that'. Its used by army people and stuff lol

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

And civilians alike.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

And civilians alike.

I just yews it to make it look like I actually know something :oops: :P

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Beta 1.3 relased
It's not final; I just want to pug test it finnaly.

http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/10990531/file.html

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

Nice, I like the additions like the swwop garage. It's up on ESM but the mutant rancor still doesn't spawn. Did you say that you used an .npc file? I don't see one in your pk3 and I wonder if that's the problem? Just guessing.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

I wanted to yews an NPC file, but it didn't want to spawn in at me (not in single player, not in multiplayer... last time i used this npc tool I had the same problem, I solved it in a strange way I made a "new mode" well I created a new folder in gamedata, and I put there the npc file, then I started that mode, well then it worked)

Now the map uses the mutant_rancor npc which is from single player (map called t3_stamp). I used and NPC_spawner, cause the mutant rancor possibility disappeared when I switched radiant to multiplayer mode, and npc_spawner is fired from the SIEGE FILE, like in hoth, the droid head.