Tips and help

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!
schrute
pingmaser

Tips and help

Post by schrute »

This is going to be a list of things that kind of annoy me that people should be doing, but they probably don't know they are doing it wrong. If you disagree with something, then you can post it, nobody's perfect. I'm only doing a hoth one atm.

Offense

First-Obj

*Protect the walker, don't run off killing people who aren't close to the walker. There's no point in killing them if you aren't helping your team.
*Learn how to drive effectively. You don't have to be the best driver in the world, just know how to do it.

Second-Obj

*Not that we yews this obj much, but once you jump over the ravine, it pays off to try and kill someone. It's easier to get the obj when people are dead.

Third-Obj

*Do not chase after the jan. Kill the snowtroopers that are probably murdering your walker as you run around chasing the jan. This goes along with protect your walker.

Fourth-Obj

*Learn how to play offensive jan effectively. Duo had a good guide about this, I may look for it someday but for now I'm lazy and going to make you look.(Nevermind he went anubis mode and deleted it. I'll write one another time). IMO, this is the most important obj for a good o jan.
*When you're past the door that the jan normally shields, it's best to take the right path rather than the left. There are times you should take left path, but in general it's a lot riskier.
*Try avoid rolling off the bunker to get past the shield. A good portion of the time you'll just get splashed off the shield and sometimes the codes will go through the shield so your team can't touch.

Fifth-Obj

*Honestly, I am not very good at this objective and don't have much to say on it. Best thing I could say is that this seems like the objective where people get maxed the most, but it's also crucial you don't get maxed.

Sixth-Obj

*If you're a reborn boss, you should tend to not want to go for the cc unless you can kill it fairly fast. It's best to come down and help kill more enemies if you get past them.
*If you're a lando or a demo in the CC, try and kill the slant panels first. That way if a reborn boss gets into the CC he can kill it much faster and easier.

Defense

First-Obj

*Learn how to play jan effectively. Like I said about driving, you don't have to be amazing at it, but being decent at defensive jan NEVER hurts.
*Most of the times you should try and kill the reborn boss attacking you before you go for the AT-ST. If you kill them, you'll have a much longer time attacking the AT-ST and will do a lot more damage to it.
*Avoid reborn boss if the offensive team has a good lando. You will be shut down and it won't be fun.

Second-Obj

*Break all the glasses for your jan. It's nice.

Third-Obj

*Try and not go past the bridge as snowtrooper unless you're confident it's a good idea. You are probably going to get killed pretty fast and aren't going to do much damage to the walker.

Fourth-Obj

*Putting a few mines in the control panel room is good, but I wouldn't recommend camping back there.
*Splashing people of shields is always fairly easy, so yews golans on shields when they are meleeing your shield.

Fifth-Obj

*Mines are your friend on this objective. There's a lot of places for hidden mines that people don't expect and you can rack up kills.
*chewie is really really good on this obj too, but please don't spam your rockets at the midget door.

Sixth-Obj

*Mining short is never a bad idea and you may get a few kills every now and then.
*I don't really like having a defensive jan on this objective, but that's my opinion and I know that some people like it.

In general

Learn all the classes and positions in siege and try and kill people rather than running by them.
Last edited by schrute on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caesar

Re: Tips and help

Post by Caesar »

Good list only thing I might suggest is an extra task for o reborn boss on first obj. IF and only If most of the d team is dead fell free to attack the turrets it will help your driver a lot.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Good list only thing I might suggest is an extra task for o reborn boss on first obj. IF and only If most of the d team is dead fell free to attack the turrets it will help your driver a lot.

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Post by j3rk »

Awesome write up. Feel like doing one for siege_rdm1d so that everyone can get on the same page quicker?

schrute
pingmaser

Post by schrute »

j3rk wrote:Awesome write up. Feel like doing one for siege_rdm1d so that everyone can get on the same page quicker?

I could, but you probably know the map better than I do xD.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

does meleeing the shield/sabering it actually do anything?

Sakke

Post by Sakke »

This should be in tips and help section, lol. Anyways, I'll post up a few comment whenever I get the time.

Axiw

Post by Axiw »

Ramshi wrote:does meleeing the shield/sabering it actually do anything?

I think even pistol does more damage than saber

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Axiw wrote:
Ramshi wrote:does meleeing the shield/sabering it actually do anything?

I think even pistol does more damage than saber

thats kinda sad

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Sabering the shield does absolutely nothing to it, just makes you vulnerable to splash damage off the shield.

Listen to your teammates, particularly those who have much more experience than you, chances are they know what they're talking about.

Get off lando if you're not getting lots of kills.

Heal people as D jan AND O jan, particularly carriers.

Let the reborn boss (or demo on cc etc) rush the obj where possible , even if that means swapping the atst driver.