A wild NEW MAP appears!

Discuss siege map projects.
Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

A wild NEW MAP appears!

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Alright, a new map has been unleashed - Attack on the Flying Fortress, based off the Flying Fortress and Mirage Tower levels of Final Fantasy 1. My Flying Fortress zombie map is basically the last two objectives of this map. It's also more complete than my castle map (progress = wonderful, ja?). A grand total of 5 objectives spaced over two maps, connected by a teleport. Objectives are listed in-game, but I'll spell them out here.

flying_fortress_siege.jpg

Mirage Tower

Obj 1 - The only way to access the Flying Fortress is through the teleport inside the Mirage Tower. Offense spawns outside the wall around the tower, while defense spawns atop the lower levels of the tower. The goal for offense is to break the three locks on the main door to gain access to the interior.

Obj 2 - As the teleport room is protected by a force field over the door, offense must enter the central room of the tower and destroy the four generators. Defense spawns inside a small room off the generator room, while offense spawns outside the door into the tower.

Obj 3 - Since destroying the generators also disbaled the teleports and locked down the door to them, offense must proceed around the back of the tower and activate the backup generator, hacking the controls to only power up the teleports and the door to the teleport room. Spawns are same as previous objective.

Flying Fortress

Obj 4 - Offense must proceed to the top of the fortress in order to disable the engines and send it crashing down. A pair of lifts, one on each of the lower two levels, allows this. Offense spawns in the teleport room and must yews them to reach the fortress. Defense spawns near the lifts on each level.

Obj 5 - Offense must hack the three consoles controlling the engines and disable them. Offense spawns at the top of the lift, while defense spawns near one of the consoles on the opposite side of the fortress.

On a side note, the .pk3 has a slightly updated version of the zombie map, so if you have that .pk3 in base, remove it. File is a .pk3 inside a .zip, like always. Map will be uploaded to impulse shortly, so I'm down to test whenever we get a group.
Last edited by Turquoise Dragon on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Re: A wild NEW MAP appears!

Post by j3rk »

Awesome, look forward to checking this out.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Sounds awesome. But is it just me, or does the picture seem really.....bland?

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

I've downloaded it!

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

The Mirage Tower was a sandstone tower in the middle of the big desert on the NE continent. It was made to be able to blend in with the surrounding desert (hence 'mirage'). I attempted to replicate that. Don't worry, the inside's a bit more colorful. I tried to keep it consistent with the redesigned GBA 8-bit graphics.

Kain
The Twelve Year Old

Post by Kain »

Kain throws a pokeball...but it failed.

Kain
The Twelve Year Old

Post by Kain »

Kain throws a pokeball...but it failed.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Kane tried single post, but it failed.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Magyk used Humor! It's not very effective!

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Mike used sarcasm! It's effective!

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."