Girl help

Get help for problems you may have with technology, math, or women.

Moderator: Turky

SpaceJam

Girl help

Post by SpaceJam »

since the forum description said so, I'm gonna ask...how can I be less hideous to women?

Serious question for anyone like 18 or older. where do you guys shop for clothes and shit to be stylish.....where do you go to get a haircut? What about cologne? Daily?

if you are female then definitely list how I can look better I want to hear!! what turns you on?

Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Re: Girl help

Post by Turky »

I shop for clothes that define me. There is no reason why you shouldn't just be yourself. If you are always calling to impress someone, sooner or later they will see through the mask. The idea is for someone to accept you for you, not just to accept you for who they want you to be.

Provided you aren't some troll... my advice to you is to find what's great about yourself, and find a way to display those strength(s) without being a pretentious prick.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

The idea is for someone to accept you for you, not just to accept you for who they want you to be.

I like.

CHEW

Post by CHEW »

Put it in her butt.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Cologne? Allergic to 99% of the stuff, so just plain deoderant for me. Unscented, mostly.

Haircut? Lol, my hair's down past my shoulders.

Style? What is this 'style' you speak of? I mostly get my clothes from train shows, gun shows, and walmart. Occasionally other places that I get dragged to and see something cool. Year-round outfit - carpenter's jeans/cargo pants (lots of pockets), t-shirt, work boots. Formal wear as required.

My only added advice would be to maintain your personal hygene. Shower/brush teeth/shave (if you're not into facial hair) daily. Shaving can skip a few days depending on how fast your hair grows back.

Gonna second everything Mr. Turky hath said. Just be yourself. If they can't accept you for who you are, don't bother with them. Futhermore, if you have to keep up a mask, you're not going to have a very happy/fulfilling relationship.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Style is different for everyone. Kane and I talk about clothes and shoes and shit we want to buy all the time, and our tastes are usually at opposite ends of the polls. I like bright neon colors, and retro looking shoes and clothes - he usually seems to like more "classy" low-key colors and stuff. My "formal wear" is usually a white undershirt with an open dress shirt, he's always talking about cardigans and sweaters and shit. You can really make any clothes you want look good, as long as you put your look together successfully.

Haircut, I just get it cut at a local place - and I only ever get it cut when it's getting too long and irritating me. I never get it cut for style.

I don't wear cologne daily, but I do keep a bottle around for when I'm going out. Normally I just wear axe spray, because I'm 19 and I can still get away with using that shit.

Also seconding what Mike said about personal hygiene. It's amazing how many people ignore that shit.

And finally, thirding what everyone said about being yo self. The internet is where you get to play and be someone else, real life is where you do your own thing or you're going to be miserable.

Edit: Kane also uses messenger bags, so don't listen to anything he has to say, ever.

Kain
The Twelve Year Old

Post by Kain »

Magyk wrote:Style is different for everyone. Kane and I talk about clothes and shoes and shit we want to buy all the time, and our tastes are usually at opposite ends of the polls. I like bright neon colors, and retro looking shoes and clothes - he usually seems to like more "classy" low-key colors and stuff. My "formal wear" is usually a white undershirt with an open dress shirt, he's always talking about cardigans and sweaters and shit. You can really make any clothes you want look good, as long as you put your look together successfully.

Haircut, I just get it cut at a local place - and I only ever get it cut when it's getting too long and irritating me. I never get it cut for style.

I don't wear cologne daily, but I do keep a bottle around for when I'm going out. Normally I just wear axe spray, because I'm 19 and I can still get away with using that shit.

Also seconding what Mike said about personal hygiene. It's amazing how many people ignore that shit.

And finally, thirding what everyone said about being yo self. The internet is where you get to play and be someone else, real life is where you do your own thing or you're going to be miserable.

Edit: Kane also uses messenger bags, so don't listen to anything he has to say, ever.

Fuck you my messenger bag is great.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Hmm well I don't really fit into the 18 and older category but ill give it a go. There is an old saying that goes, "Beauty in the eyes of the beholder," don't forget that. Personally I shop at the mall any store will work. "Appearance matters not." Realistically if the girl is actually somewhat intellegent it wont matter what you wear or what you do, its who your are that will matter. Don't be someone your not. If you don't normally wear cologene than don't start wearing it just to impress someone. "Your beautiful just the way your are." An entire song is centered around that. (Bruno Mars I know but it makes a decent analogy.) Personally if I were going to impress someone I would be a man walk up to the girl and talk with her. Your life will only be miserable if you keep telling yourself you WILL talk to someone; GO do it NOW. Just what I would do and what I would keep in mind.

Personally I don't wear cologene. I wear puprle, blue, green, and yellow shoes a regular shirt and a pair of jeans. Thats my wardrobe. My hair kind of just falls in place, heh. Haircuts, what is this you speak of.

Just a note don't try to date the most popular girl. It doesn't work out, trust me. Usually they can't do 2+2. Im worried about my generation.
Last edited by Caesar on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Caesar wrote:Im worried about my generation.

Interestingly enough, I was thinking this exact thought by the time I got to the end of your post. :|

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Ha, ya I have to say I don't always have an adult air about me. I will freely admit that I am sometimes part of the problem. Anywho homecoming tonight! /happy face.