for whoever cares.

Talk about whatever you wish.
Wanderer

for whoever cares.

Post by Wanderer »

Hey

this is the game i'm liking. when it is released for the west (America + Europe) i be on this game. it is currently the top game in Korea, and soon it will most likely dominate in the rest of Asia.

this is an old trailer (2009), game looks much more polished NOW.

http://youtu.be/ODD790bO2VU?hd=1

This is how intense the combat in this game can get when you have low ping. this is also one of the easier bosses in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... vnJ5OUBcdc

PVP vid:

http://youtu.be/O0h6NYVsK60

http://youtu.be/aBs18WueDIc?hd=1

because of some friends with shady connections i was able to get into the Korean CBT and OBT and full released version. i had lots of fun. if you are interested you can search more on it on youtube, Blade & Soul. distinct classes, fast paced intense combat, much different from the traditional MMOs around. 1 vs 1 arena and 36 vs 36 arena will be introduced soon. i be visiting here again some time later, see what you guys say.
Last edited by Wanderer on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xfire: wanderer7

Ramshi

Re: for whoever cares.

Post by Ramshi »

Hello to you too! Where've you been

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Looks a lot like GW.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

this game cost NCSoft 5 years + 5 billion won to develop. pretty sure Blade & Soul will make Guild Wars look like a chevrolet next to a lamborghini.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Ramshi wrote:Hello to you too! Where've you been

yea, been playing other games, i quit JK3 a long time ago. problem was the community. many times i get online, i see Tempest only has bots and Impulse is empty. in the golden age, there were many guilds, gos, smc, bfa, heroic, if one server was empty i just hop to the next active server. and then there was lick highspeed. loved the highspeed, couldn't get enough of it, around 100 ping.... even less. but now all guilds merge into one, and if that pub server is empty, only bots, then even less chance there be anyone on Impulse.

i love JK3, really do. this was a game where shit happens and where i can make shit happen, and when it does happen its funny as shit. im gonna miss this game, but unless this game community is big enough that no matter what time of day i get online there are players in the server, i won't be playing this frequently.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Wanderer wrote:

yea, been playing other games, i quit JK3 a long time ago. problem was the community. many times i get online, i see Tempest only has bots and Impulse is empty. in the golden age, there were many guilds, gos, smc, bfa, heroic, if one server was empty i just hop to the next active server. and then there was lick highspeed. loved the highspeed, couldn't get enough of it, around 100 ping.... even less. but now all guilds merge into one, and if that pub server is empty, only bots, then even less chance there be anyone on Impulse.

Ahh, the good ol' days.. even if no one was on any of those server lick sure knew how to get a packed house.

Unfortunately, I think it's necessary that siege is consolidated into a single server. On a GREAT day, Tempest gets like 16 players. If we had three servers, we're suddenly looking at one server with 8 players, another with 5, and a third with 3. I'd rather have the one server with 16 doods.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Magyk wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Ahh, the good ol' days.. even if no one was on any of those server lick sure knew how to get a packed house.

Unfortunately, I think it's necessary that siege is consolidated into a single server. On a GREAT day, Tempest gets like 16 players. If we had three servers, we're suddenly looking at one server with 8 players, another with 5, and a third with 3. I'd rather have the one server with 16 doods.

the problem is not how many servers we have. problem is how many people we have playing JK3. if the siege community is big enough to fill up Tempest all day without it being just bots thats all i need.
its happened many times before that i join Tempest, none of the aces from the golden age is online to be there to join and balance teams more, its just me +7 or 8 newbies.... over the next 3 maps, 1 map cycle i be seeing around 5 ragequits from the losing newbies, and the newbies formerly on my team forced to join the other team rq too.
at that point i have pretty much killed server activity for 90 mins... wat am i gonna do? i play another game.
Last edited by Wanderer on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Well, I wouldn't count on any old players coming back. Even if/when they come back, they're usually only interested in pugging. Not playing pub servers. Really the only option is to educate the nubs. Exactly the reason why we've brought Ceasar, Ramshi, Xeon, Szycho, and a few others into the pugging scene over the last year or so. Just sitting in tempest owning newbies won't help siege keep limping along, it will just drive a steak right through it's heart once and for all - whenever you've got 8 inexperienced players in the server, and you start to see them rage quit, that means it's time to tone down the skill and give them a chance to actually learn the game and improve.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

One problem I increasingly encountered before siege died a month ago was players who spoke perfect english, and were understanding it, until someone tried to give them advice (place mines here, it's better). Then they make no attempt to actually improove, and end up making half their own team rq.

Another thing was that generally, people were either noobs or dicks. Small percentage of level-headed good/semi-good peoples.

Hey, by the way. Long time, no see!

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Yeah, I don't know why people don't want to take advice on tempest tbh.. when I first started sieging, I drank in practically every word that Veers/Helmet/h8lame/Kathor/DK spoke. Even now almost 8 years later, Guard or someone will occasionally correct me on something like a mine placement - like, why wouldn't you take their advice?