How to pug

Discuss the pug server Impulse.

How to pug

Postby Duo on Sat May 30, 2009 12:55 am

Since Guard is a lazy ass, here it is for the noobs:

1. Everyone unaliases.
2. Everyone specs except two captains, who should ideally be equal.
3. Captains shoot ground first, then pistol duel. landos on hoth and cargo, rax jorises on des, reborn boss(sabers) on kor.
4. Captains alternate picking players for their team, beginning with whoever won the duel. Type /serverstatus to see the player list.
5. Restart map then play live.
6. After round finishes, restart then play round 2 live.
7. Repug or rematch. Optional: change map.

Notes:
If there is an extra player, he can either be a sub or autodefense(plays defense both rounds.)
If someone lags out or ragequits and there is no one to sub, the other team should have someone spec.
Duo

Topic author
Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 10:35 am

Re: How to pug

Postby tens0r on Sat May 30, 2009 8:54 am

Duo you are so nice.
tens0r

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 pm

Postby C2PO on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Someone should sticky this.

Now that's the tastiest crunch I ever hoid.
C2PO

Postby Wufei Chang on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:36 pm

C2PO wrote:Someone should sticky this.

already told guard he just forgot
2 Mobile Suits to choose from: Blitz , and Altron
Wufei Chang

Postby Turky on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:44 am

wot is unalias!!

ps: need custom rule list for people like archi etc

ie: If the attacker waits for the spawn, go to spec and rejoin defense.
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Highscores: 1

Postby Sakke on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:26 am

http://seigetourney.proboards.com/index ... &thread=42

General info:
An admin will be present to run the pug. They will serve 2 main functions: one is to restart maps for players to get correct classes, the other is to pick captains for each team (the admin may not be a team captain). The captains will then take turns picking from the players present to be on their team. If there is a significant number of players leaving and joining the game, captains may choose to re-pick teams at the start of a map, or if they are happy with the teams, the teams may stay unchanged for the duration of the evening.
The server may or may not be passworded, depending on the availability of an admin with rcon. If one is not available, lockteams will be used. If there is a password, it will be posted in this forum along with announcement of date and time.

Rules of pugs:

1. Any players from currently or previously active JKA clans can play. The idea is to keep the games at a fairly high skill level.

2. All players must wear official clan tags.

3. Maps will be played in default server order, unless there is a popular vote to play a particular map.

4. The only real gameplay rule is no explicit shield spamming (/kill etc.). If mine spamming is your only skill don’t hesitate to yews it, but be aware that the other players present may not be happy with you...

5. There may not be spectators who are giving players intelligence on the other team’s tactics, etc. through voice chat, in-game chat, or any other means. If it comes to the admin’s attention that this is occurring, the admin may kick the offending spectator. Inactive (and silent) spectators are ok, but they will be kicked if the server is full and there are ppl waiting to actually play.

6. Players may not yews the limitations of the game to gain an advantage over others. Such “h4x” include screenshot-lagging through trip mines, joining spec and rejoining to avoid respawn time, invisilaming, etc. Anyone seen to be using such methods will be kicked from the pug.

I realize most of these rules are common sense, but I am putting them down to prevent confusion and maximize actual playing time.

I will emphasize for those who haven't picked up on it by now that the overall idea is FUN and GOOD TIMES. No one is keeping score and these do not count for anything (unlike the tourney matches, where the prize is best siege clan). Please try to maintain a attitude of fun so all can have a good time playing the game we enjoy.
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?
Sakke

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 8:35 pm

Postby dadeus on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:33 am

Sakke wrote:http://seigetourney.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=pugs&action=display&thread=42

2. All players must wear official clan tags.

Hmmmmmm that could be interesting
dadeus

Postby Sakke on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:35 am

Yeah actually.. Old rules anyways. XD
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
wat?
Sakke

Postby Lauren on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:08 am

Sakke wrote:4. The only real gameplay rule is no explicit shield spamming (/kill etc.). If mine spamming is your only skill don’t hesitate to yews it, but be aware that the other players present may not be happy with you...

That means i can spam ^^ your all going down now!
*loved people*
<33 Sakke <33 He's my lover
<3 tensor <3 I'm His Hoe
<3 guard <3

*weird people*
......Afro...... He's just random alot!

*Hated people*
Turkey
Duo Cry's too much
Kera Cry's even more than Duo...
Lauren

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 7:35 pm

Postby Sakke on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:31 am

Lauren wrote:
Sakke wrote:4. The only real gameplay rule is no explicit shield spamming (/kill etc.). If mine spamming is your only skill don’t hesitate to yews it, but be aware that the other players present may not be happy with you...

That means i can spam ^^ my team is so going down now!
wat?
Sakke

Next

Return to Impulse