How....How...just how

Discuss siege map projects.
Caesar

Re: How....How...just how

Post by Caesar »

I downloaded it for the hell of it. (I have version 3.12, used Magyk's link) Is there a tutorial or something, because I have zero idea how to yews it? No idea how to do anything.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Caesar wrote:I downloaded it for the hell of it. (I have version 3.12, used Magyk's link) Is there a tutorial or something, because I have zero idea how to yews it? No idea how to do anything.

Ah that's very old, there are newer version around (however I can't make 1.6 work, I still yews 1.5) There are some built in tutorials.

The most necesarry things you need to know.

1. Whenever creating something, first yews the CAULK texture (pint, and says caulk), when you finished with that, assign the visible faces (left mouse button + SHIFT at least in 1.5).
2. Clipper, no there isn't easoer way to make corridors, you have to cut the door out from the wall, then make brushes.
I usually yews 2 point clipping (since 3 point clipping need lot of practice) You yews this tool by making a point, then click somewhere else makes another point (for 3 point then again) if you click again it restarts.
I always say you can do anything with 2 point clipping.

^^Basics

˘˘HARD WORK
You probably wanna make siege map(s). Which is the hardest things in anyway, you will need to learn to yews entities, and how to make a siege file. Because it would be too easy to only yews radiant...
If you need anything just ask me on xfire, or write here, or give me a PM.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Those are just the basics, folks.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

aradorasxeon wrote:

..............Which is the hardest things in anyway, ............

WTF? I wanted to say: the hardest and most complicated thing ever, which can be done with radiant

@magyk and I still didn't say anything about curves, patches etc.

TBH I mostly love the logical part of making a siege map, when you have to trigger, and target things, replacing spawn points etc :D

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."