WTF?

Discuss siege map projects.
Silver Absolution

Re: WTF?

Post by Silver Absolution »

Magyk wrote:its gonna be really awkward when ceasar gets done his map and cant figure out how to put it in his base folder.

What is really going to be awkward is that that map ends up being really cool... (!?)
~Silver Blur

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Magyk wrote:its gonna be really awkward when ceasar gets done his map and cant figure out how to put it in his base folder.

LOL, but it is compiled directly to base, so he doesn't have to bother.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

CHEW

Post by CHEW »

Seriously, what the fuck is he talking about screwing for?

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Screwing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRktFlP5sI
MUG was talking about it. It is when you hold ctrl and drag mouse to shift shapes. It is in his tutorial.

I know how to put maps in base thank you very much.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Well I don't think it is called screwing, in hungarian engineers yews the word "shear" for it I don't know why. To be honest I don't know what control+left mouse button does (seems useless), but you have two other options to do this:
1st clipping (I'd probably do this because i always forget the 2nd one is exist for brushes as well, I yews them for patches)
2nd using vertices, you assign the brush, then press "V" 6 points are going to appear, you have to assign four of them with shift+left mouse button. (Judging from the video, you have to assign two point in the ZY dimension, you will assign four because the other two are hidden for your eyes, or you can just assign any point 1 by 1). Then switch to "Translate" mode with the key "W" and move the assigned point with it (the blue arrow in ZY dimension). (Logically if you were already in translate mode pressing W will switch back to the previous mode)
You can do many weird things with vertices, if you want to do something impossible gtkradiant simply won't let you do it.

And next time please give me timed youtube links, or if you don't know how to make them tell me which part I need to see.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

piipe
Beautiful Dude

Post by piipe »

xD