I forgot why I stopped visting these boards....

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!
Max Rambone
Ramboner

I forgot why I stopped visting these boards....

Post by Max Rambone »

Until....

Laser wrote:Fuck people who carry guns on the street

Ramshi wrote:soz i dont play with sound

Man, people(in general) are really fuckin' dumb.....and the internetwebs only amplifies the stupid.

Christ, dudes....have fun.

Hit me up on Facebook, those of you I have deemed worthy. :)\

OR

Friend me on SWTOR...

EMPIRE: Reuxpawl...Neoxia...Ka'leigh

REPUBLIC: Rhenni...J'ordyn...Mazxor

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Ramshi

Re: I forgot why I stopped visting these boards....

Post by Ramshi »

so what if i don't play with sound? i play all my video games with no sound and i can do just as well without it. yeah, so i cant listen to people communicate. But the opposition hears it too.

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Ramshi wrote:so what if i don't play with sound? i play all my video games with no sound and i can do just as well without it. yeah, so i cant listen to people communicate. But the opposition hears it too.

Wow, Ramshi...just wow.

I kinda feel like a dick, but....WOWOWOWWOWOW.

Someone that's more of a dick than me explain this to him, because I'm tired of telling dudes on the internet why they are so very wrong.

~archi

p.s. - I'm really confused about the "but the opposition hears it too" thing.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

unless you're in different channels (which every pug i've been in hasn't had that), if you say something the person on the other team hears it too

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Well, if you really want to get competitive, that's why I've made TEAM RED and TEAM BLUE sub-channels in the PUG channel.

However, in the past, we've all been in the same channel because it doesn't really matter who says what as long as everyone knows what's going on.

It might even help you be a better player knowing what's going on. You could, if you can type worth a damn, just say anything you don't want the other team to know in team chat.

I was always of the impression that the most important part of being on vent was for defense.

Who cares if you say ..."SHOOT THE GENERATOR WITH THE ATST!!!" on offense...

It's more important to know...."Wufei just MINDTRICKED me.....watch the codes."

OR "IMMA TESH...GET THIS FUCKING GUY OFF ME"...or..."I'm maxxed....kill this dude...or RETREAT."

But, you'd be missing the whole point of talking to the other dudes playing the game you love.

That was what I really enjoyed....just talking to the people that shared the same love that I did....despite dudes like duo or kera or waffles that try to make you feel like a moron....that's what people like Magyk never understood.

That's what made me not care that these dudes used every kind of hack or advantage they could and then tried to accuse me of being shitty or using hacks.

In the end, if you are not listening to game sounds in an FPS, then you are handicapping yourself.

If you are not on vent so that you know what is going on, then you are really handicapping yourself.

That's why I want a guild on SWTOR that uses VOIP....not because I want to say "Get the node" so much as I want to say...."HELP!!! THESE DUDES ARE ZERGING MY NODE!!!!"

~archi

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

You won't visit the forums because someone doesn't like guns on the street?
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I think people should be allowed to carry guns, and should play with sound but this seems like kind of a dick thread to make, jussayin. Who cares if people play with or without sound?

I always play with just sound effects/voice turned up, i think Ceasar listens to music pretty frequently while playing, Ramshi doesn't play with sound. To each their own. We're well beyond the point of "elite" siege nowadays, and mostly play for fun. If you have fun by jamming out to your favorite tunes while you play, I have no problem with it.

The home for freedom lovers for a reason.

waflz

Post by waflz »

and thats why nobody new will ever be on the same level as TD or GoS or GT or PCC.

even half-assing it i'm better than a lot of the people who play just on the fact that i can follow head movements and know how to listen to game sounds

archi

PEACE BRO WE HAD OUR ISSUES BUT U GUD BRAH

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

The thing is, I'm not sure anyone genuinely gives a shit about being elite at a 10 year old game that runs on an outdated game engine anymore.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Just to be clear i really dont get why anyone would choose to play without sound.
Less QQ more Pew Pew