Post by Max Rambone »

This Guy:

Rocks.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Sakke

Re: Gun Control

Post by Sakke »

I think it'd be hard to remove guns from a society in which it is legal to carry guns, and anyone who tries to will have a hard time doing so.
I, like Laser, live in a country where guns are illegal to carry around and hard to get. I, like Laser, am glad that guns are outlawed and would never want for everyone to cary guns where I live.
Fool is smart, and I agree with him, Guard and Major that we need to put our primary focus on people.
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?

CHEW

Post by CHEW »

But it is not legal to carry guns in the US. It is only legal in most states to carry guns, and each states laws are different on how and where you can carry the gun. It is legal for adults to own guns as long as you have not been convicted of a felony or not been diagnosed with some sort of mental handicap/disorder/illness.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Max Rambone wrote:
Ramshi wrote:like honestly, australia hasn't had a single mass shooting since 1996.

Not accusing you of being dishonest....just uninformed.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monash_University_shooting

A tragedy yes, but it's not categorised anywhere as a 'mass shooting'.

This was with a handgun. I'd be scared to think how many more would've died if he'd had an snowtrooper rifle. Then it would most likely would have been a 'mass shooting'.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Ramshi wrote:This was with a handgun. I'd be scared to think how many more would've died if he'd had an snowtrooper rifle.

Probably not a significantly different amount. Action and speed's the same.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:
Ramshi wrote:This was with a handgun. I'd be scared to think how many more would've died if he'd had an snowtrooper rifle.

Probably not a significantly different amount. Action and speed's the same.

You can't just spray with a handgun. Even if you could, the clip's much smaller.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

extended clip ur?

just goes to show that wrong-doers will find the means to do wrong. i'd rather have the possibility of a law abiding citizen who is carrying on the scene.

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

Wake up feeling blessed up
Pistol on that dresser
Ain't afraid to show it, I'll expose it if I dress up

Max Rambone
Ramboner

Post by Max Rambone »

Ramshi wrote:A tragedy yes, but it's not categorised anywhere as a 'mass shooting'.

This was with a handgun. I'd be scared to think how many more would've died if he'd had an snowtrooper rifle. Then it would most likely would have been a 'mass shooting'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting

According to the FBI, for individuals, mass murder is defined as the person murdering four or more persons during a particular event with no cooling-off period between the murders.

If you can call killing four or more people in one incident a mass murder, I think it's reasonable to say that shooting and injuring four or more people is a mass shooting. How many people do you want to get shot before you call it a mass shooting?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monash_University_shooting

Weapon(s)

CZ-75 9mm
Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum 6-shot revolver
Smith & Wesson .38-caliber 5-shot revolver
Beretta 89 .22-caliber
Beretta Tomcat .32-caliber
Taurus handgun (.40-caliber)

He planned on killing MANY MORE people, but:

When Xiang stopped shooting and moved to switch weapons, Lee Gordon-Brown, the injured lecturer, grabbed Xiang's hands as he reached into his jacket. Gordon-Brown and a student in the room, Alastair Boast, a trained wing chun practitioner, tackled him.Bradley Thompson later entered the room and discovered five guns in holsters around Xiang's waist, including two Berettas, a Taurus, a .357 Magnum and a .38-caliber revolver, as well as two magazines from near his hip.

The CZ-75 can hold 15 rounds by default and the Taurus .40 can also hold 15....That's 30 rounds that can be fired at nearly twice the rate of a standard AR-15 if he had been good enough to dual-wield them.

You might wanna try reading/watching the stuff I post if you want to debate with me about it. ;)

It also tells me you didn't watch any of the videos I posted either....especially this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis&t=1m27s

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.

Ramshi

Post by Ramshi »

it does say murdering, not injuring

and no, i never watch youtube clips posted here. sorry :)