New V Old

Talk about whatever you wish.
Laser
Kopite

Re: New V Old

Post by Laser »

I doubt we'd get 6s anyway.

I'm in work Saturday 15:30 - 23:00 GMT, but I'll happily player after that

Ceasar, I don't think you should bet too much money. If this was a pug, it'd be the worst stax haha! But as it is, it's the first actual scrim in years. Really looking forward to this regardless of whether we get pounded or not.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

waflz

Post by waflz »

Magyk wrote:Should we define what is and is not old school? I've been around every bit as long as Schrute and Laser, iirc. Sakke may edge me slightly. What about someone like Turky? (Who I would consider to be old school) Just food for thought that we should define it, since I've been playing since early 2005 and am still "new school" by most people's accounts.

turky's been playing longer than me.

i do vaguely remember you from back then but i don't really remember you being around in a lot of pugs and such. but then again my brain is completely fucked for the most part. but I left you off the list because ceasar has a pretty big man-crush on you and wants you to set up his team for him lol.

if i was really going to seperate the old vs new, i'd say anyone who started after I quit would be "new"

so
ceasar, xeon, blackout, mike, tomatro? w/e, i think kane came around as i was leaving the scene, ramshi, silver absolution, fool i think could go either way, but i don't really remember him from when i was playing before. supra.. im not really sure about but i think he went to the army anyway. svail i dont remember either but i remember duo and kera talking about him. szycho(is this an actual person?), colones,

those are my thoughts, feel free to throw your opinions at me

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

I always just chalked "new school" up to anyone who played after I started (and old school before, obviously) but like you think of it as people who started after you left.

Maybe a good way to split it up would be new school including-and-post-BFA/RCB/lick era. That way the "old school" players would be the GT/TD/DS era players, and "new school" would be the BFA/RCB/lick/rS type dudes. Shrug.

CHEW

Post by CHEW »

Magyk wrote:I always just chalked "new school" up to anyone who played after I started (and old school before, obviously) but like you think of it as people who started after you left.

Maybe a good way to split it up would be new school including-and-post-BFA/RCB/lick era. That way the "old school" players would be the GT/TD/DS era players, and "new school" would be the BFA/RCB/lick/rS type dudes. Shrug.

BFA was around during the heroic days, RCB was formed by MajorMajor who was roommates with anubis at VT who has been around longer than most people.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Laser wrote:I think we should steer well clear of hoth by the way, it'll make for a much more interesting match.

Hoth should be the tiebreaker, if needed (doubtful), for a best of 3.

waflz

Post by waflz »

CHEW wrote:
Magyk wrote:I always just chalked "new school" up to anyone who played after I started (and old school before, obviously) but like you think of it as people who started after you left.

BFA was around during the heroic days, RCB was formed by MajorMajor who was roommates with anubis at VT who has been around longer than most people.

do you want to play chew?

CHEW

Post by CHEW »

It wouldn't make or break my day. It's whatever.

waflz

Post by waflz »

we're shooting for sunday evening

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Ok so I REALLY like my idea for a team. I'm open to whatever tho, as I'm not to knowledgeable so far old shcoolers are concerned. I like Magyk's suggestion as to where to split the old v new.

As far as maps are concerned, I say Desert and Nar and (as previously suggested) hoth as tiebreaker. I believe everyone knows these maps, unsure tho.

I wouldn't bet too much :) But if I get the team I listed in the first post I think we would stand a chance.

@Ram I don't wh /case closed

I am good for sunday evening. This match will be kickass if it works.

~C

tens0r

Post by tens0r »

If I don't pick you on my team your probably considered new school.

I'm picking korri. GL getting blue on me.