ATTN: PUGGERS. What is your favorite map?

Discuss our favorite gametype.

What is your favorite map to pug?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:13 am

Hoth
17%
Korri
12%
Desert
8%
Cargobarge
8%
Nar Shaada
15%
Project Digimon
2%
h3h
12%
Jhoth
8%
Sillyroom
10%
Bankjob
No votes
Endor
No votes
Castle
No votes
Byss
2%
Tie Factory
2%
Theed
No votes
Imperial Raid
No votes
Tietest
No votes
Zombies
6%

Total votes: 52

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Re: ATTN: PUGGERS. What is your favorite map?

Post by Magyk »

Blackout wrote:Rdm1d is an ok map but the spawn points for the generator objective are much too close together and become a little ridiculous.

Rdm1d doesn't have a generator objective to my knowledge.

Rdm1d is this map:

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

I think he meant the part where you have to pick up the droid head, there is "genrator" thingy which you have to destroy before you can pick up the droid head.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

That was the objective I meant just mistyped I know it's called the CC.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

According to this we should only play Hoth, h3h, and Nar. We should never play Korri, Byss and p_D.

What a useful topic. Glad we decided on what maps to play.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

-No Csr hate

I laughed.

I agree with the general sentiments of this thread.
1. hoth
2. nar
3. p_d/des
4. cargo

This is an irrelevant topic anyway, because we're going to "decide to play" the same maps regardless of whether or not we have a forum discussion about it.

Hoth, Des, Korri, Nar, Cargo, byss, silly, p_D, the occasional h3h and that's about it.

Those of us who still play the game for fun (Mike, Tom, Blackie, Xeon, Kane, Laser among others spring to mind) will continue to play maps like Castle, rdm2d, tietest, etc on our own time when the map-elitist snobs aren't around.

This topic isn't going to help us start games any faster. If that's what you want, just go AFK in the server and say "xfire when picked." It's not that hard.

If I recall siege has been and will always be a democracy. If the general populace of the server wants hoth, than play hoth. If they want bank, play bank. I don't mind custom maps, but I like base maps too. I would rather play 2.5s on a map that everyone wants to play than go 3s to a map that no one wants to play, but does because there is the one guy in spec who refuses to play the first map.

I don't see why we can't just drop all Hiatuses and play whatever map the general populace wants. It really isn't that difficult of a concept.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

According to this we should only play Hoth, h3h, and Nar. We should never play Korri, Byss and p_D.

What a useful topic. Glad we decided on what maps to play.

Well, this isn't to say we can't play those maps. We would just prefer to START a pug on one of the above maps, as opposed to switching to a custom map that maybe not everyone has. We p_D a lot tbh. It is a good map.

Community preferences are in accordance with map playability, which explains why not ALL customs are played. MANY custom maps are flawed. Cargo, endor, bank, lair of seuss, mageeto, silly.....etc. etc. We still play these occasionally but they receive less attention due to their evident flaws.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Caesar wrote:If I recall siege has been and will always be a democracy. If the general populace of the server wants hoth, than play hoth. If they want bank, play bank. I don't mind custom maps, but I like base maps too. I would rather play 2.5s on a map that everyone wants to play than go 3s to a map that no one wants to play, but does because there is the one guy in spec who refuses to play the first map.

magyk wrote:1.) People can play whatever the fuck maps they want. JKA is a video game about having fun. If someone doesn't want to play Hoth because they don't have fun doing it than tough shit for the rest of us and we can play 2.5s or someone can spec. Do you people realize how many times a week i DONT want to play hoth, and I still do it for you? Pretty sure once in a blue moon you can play another map for other people too.

/thread

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

No, keep discussing, its a good idea. My point was more along the lines of, don't refuse to play maps. In other, less sensitive words, quit bitching. If the community wants to play hoth, play hoth. If the whole point is to revive siege, you certainly aren't helping by selecting what maps you will and won't play. It really quite childish tbh. It is like throwing a tantrum because your mother wouldn't buy you that lollipop.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Ceasar, you can buy your own server and name it "Hoth 24/7" for all I care but as long as we're playing on Paddy's people can play whatever map they want, when they want to play it. If someone doesn't want to Hoth, they don't have to. If someone doesn't want to Silly, they don't have to. "Reviving Siege" went out the window about four years ago. This is literally now at the stage of "milk the last ounces of fun out of this 10 year old game." And guess what? Some people don't find playing Hoth three times in a row fun.

By the way, this discussion is not a good idea. It's stupid and pointless, since I guarantee you it won't change our playing habits anyway.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Caesar wrote:No, keep discussing, its a good idea. My point was more along the lines of, don't refuse to play maps. In other, less sensitive words, quit bitching. If the community wants to play hoth, play hoth. If the whole point is to revive siege, you certainly aren't helping by selecting what maps you will and won't play. It really quite childish tbh. It is like throwing a tantrum because your mother wouldn't buy you that lollipop.

My point is if we've all played the same damn map over and over, some people (me) are bound to get sick of it. I'm not saying don't play hoth. Play hoth all you want. Just I'll be sitting in spec of xfire for when dudes get the balls to play something outside the machinified process of a map that's way overplayed.

To quote/paraphsrase tensor on this one (more or less) - Dudes don't play korri because they don't know how to play it right. When they do, it's fun.