OpenJK on Linux

Discuss our favorite gametype.
Tomadox

OpenJK on Linux

Post by Tomadox »

Does anyone have linux and is running OpenJK? I know it is possible but I'm not have much luck with it and need some help. Kinda new to linux itself and only know the basics of bash. I've managed to compile OpenJK and merge it with my base from windows, but I can't seem to have the openjk.x86_64 files excecute. I've also asked this on JKhub, mostly because that's where the OpenJK developers hang out. anyways, if you guys yews linux and can lend a hand, please let me know.

Axiw

Re: OpenJK on Linux

Post by Axiw »

Try ./openjk.x86_64 in terminal and see what error it gives

Tomadox

Post by Tomadox »

on my phone right now, but it gives an error about kissing the library libsdl2.so.0. my problem is I do indeed have SDL2 installed, the dev kit in fact, so I shouldn't be getting this error. very confusing.

Axiw

Post by Axiw »

hmm maybe you need both
libsdl2
and
libsdl2-dev

MajorMajor

Post by MajorMajor »

I'll take a look at setting it up on my linux lappy this weekend.

Me Returns
Myrrh

Post by Me Returns »

I'm planning to try it out soon on ubuntu since JK isn't working on OS X Mavericks.

Tomadox

Post by Tomadox »

Okay, after changing distro it decided to work for me. who knows what was going on there. but due to a minor problem in OpenJK, the fact that it felt broken and that it wouldn't save my config files, I have decided to just run windows in a Virtual Machine and save myself a lot of trouble. Hopefully.

Also, they did release a patch for JA for mavericks (that's product dedication right there), but trying to connect to any server that isn't completely pure is hopeless.