Strike on the Rancor Lab

Discuss siege map projects.
aradorasxeon

Strike on the Rancor Lab

Post by aradorasxeon »

So here we are again. Xeon releases his 4th siege map. I don't even know why I started mapping again, but here let's enjoy this together!

I won't even bother typing in the objectives here, because We will have to do the tour anyway.
According to duo's wishes I put some ambient lighting in, but no other light entities, atm the map is about as dark as p_D's first obj. I was also to lazy to open up behaved (scripting program for JA), so the rancor stays alive, but just stands there and does nothig, upon beta release, it will die after the cord and tanks are destroyed.

I'd upload this myself to our servers, but I lost my admin on Paddy's, I don't even know if Impulse still exists, and I was never a file manager on Elysium.

Any criticism is welcomed, if it has reason in it. Please don't just say things in game, write them here as well. So I won't forget it.

Last updated on: 2015. 12. 13.
Attachments
UNZIP IT EEE_KTR2.zip
blah blah
(3.56 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
Last edited by aradorasxeon on Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Laser
Kopite

Re: Strike on the Rancor Lab

Post by Laser »

This looks like a nice map. Here are my suggestions so far, note that it hasn't been played against a defending team yet:

1. fix the .siege file or whatever so the map loads (I currently have a patched version on my server made by duo to compensate)

2. install a timer ;)

3. on tanks & pipes objective, make the tanks reachable with lightsaber. Currently you can just about hit them causing very little damage.

4. 1st obj d spawn possibly closer to the obj, seems like you have to run a long way to defend. However, this hasn't been tested in an actual game so idk
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Laser wrote:3. on tanks & pipes objective, make the tanks reachable with lightsaber. Currently you can just about hit them causing very little damage.

KEEP AT THAT HEIGHT FUCK reborn boss

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

Had a look around on the map today. So here are my thoughts.

Objective 1

Grass wall disappears when you get close to it.

Door can be shot with rockets from the spawn which I don't think should happen on any map.

Maybe obstruct the view of the door from the O spawn other than that thought the objective is sound and I think spawn points other than what I've mentioned are good.

Objective 2

Looks pretty solid.

The button for the lift should be able to be activated from behind, though, in my opinion at least.

Objective 3

Probably the best objective on the map looks really good in fact.

Any problem with it can only come out by play testing.

Objective 4

In all honesty I don't like this objective the breakables can be shot from the spawn especially with rockets and it's inaccessible to reborn boss too.

Maybe you should consider moving it to the other side of the rancor glass dome thing in the middle but possibly make it more accessible for a reborn boss.

Objective 5

Looks pretty good to me.

Objective 6

Same as above however O spawn could possibly be nearer the lift.

Classes

chewie - I think it's overpowered despite its reduced health. Speed 1 rockets and repeater is very powerful however I'll reserve real judgement until we play.

reborn boss - D reborn boss doesn't have dual saber stance which I'm sure you'd realised.
- O reborn boss with jump/defence 2 I think at least one of these force powers should be level 3 maybe at the cost of mind trick going to level 2 if you think that it would be too strong otherwise.

Demo - I think O demo should have mines to take down the tanks more easily from that ledge thing with the ramp.

lando - Looks to be a good class on objectives 1 and 2 for defence but maybe not so much after that. Possibly reduce the D lando HP to 50 if it's too good but it might not be anyway when we test it.

snowtrooper - Completely forgot what weapons this class has. If D assa has golans then you should probably remove them defence golan spam would be very detrimental to the map.

jan - Other than dropping cans I don't see it being too useful.
- Just an idea I'm throwing in to make jan a better class for both sides:
D jan team heal level 2 | O jan faster hack times (I think someone mentioned this in the mapping capabilities thread, but you wouldn't need a mod just Ideal class flags in your trigger areas for any hacks, I'm sure you'd know how to make that work) or possibly shields, unless you don't want shields to be on your map at all which I'd totally understand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it sounds like I'm being overly critical in any way, it's not my intention, I genuinely think the map could be very good, but I thought it was better to try to hit every point I could early on so that you don't go Xeon mode. ;)

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

Just heard snowtrooper has repeater and disruptor, that's proper jarg.

Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Post by Turquoise Dragon »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:
Laser wrote:3. on tanks & pipes objective, make the tanks reachable with lightsaber. Currently you can just about hit them causing very little damage.

Blackout wrote: it's inaccessible to reborn boss too.

possibly make it more accessible for a reborn boss.

GO XEON MODE KEEP AT THAT HEIGHT FUCK reborn boss

evil.jpg

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Turquoise Dragon wrote:
Turquoise Dragon wrote:

Blackout wrote: it's inaccessible to reborn boss too.

possibly make it more accessible for a reborn boss.

GO XEON MODE KEEP AT THAT HEIGHT FUCK reborn boss

evil.jpg

I assume Blackiee didn't find the sillyroom like ladder. :D

"Nah, I go."

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

aradorasxeon wrote:I assume Blackiee didn't find the sillyroom like ladder. :D

Took another look when I saw this and found it, even if it was almost invisible, and had a go at sabering the tanks and it's very hard to do damage.

Although I'd still change its position so you can't shoot it from the spawn.

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

New beta version is ready to test! (Updating file in first post.)

"Nah, I go."

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

aradorasxeon wrote:New beta version is ready to test! (Updating file in first post.)

It isn't a xeon map until you have to search the entire thread for a post with contradictory directions in each new post.

| +
I'll put it on elysium soon.