Hoth classes changes.

Discuss our favorite gametype.
Graß

Hoth classes changes.

Post by Graß »

Since now:
Offence snowtrooper has big bacta;
Offence chewie has 125hp and E11.

Why? Because these classes were underplayed and useless on most objs. After adding Flechette to O snowtrooper ppl were ragin' so I decided to remove it - suz duo. I'm writing this cos I'm bored with explaining this.

Now it's time desert/korriban.
let the ragin' begin.

aradorasxeon

Re: Hoth classes changes.

Post by aradorasxeon »

Why would you cahnge anything that has to do anything with the most played map of all times?
(A lot of custom maps yews hoth classes, and were designed that in mind, so leave the base things alone already.)

Also why are trying so hard to change things on base maps? They are base maps, we like them as they are with our rules which have evolved in lots of years. If you want something new, why won't you make your own map finally, and leave the rest alone?

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

Everything Xeon said. If you make your own map you can make custom classes, please remove this sooner rather than later.

Blackout wrote:Grab Patch - Making game changing modifications to a base map without anyone being consulted.

Graß

Post by Graß »

Blackout wrote:
Blackout wrote:Grab Patch - Making game changing modifications to a base map without anyone being consulted.

It's consulted with duo - he's only person on siege who wants change anything on siege and sith - server admin.

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

Sith dislikes it I asked him and Duo probably wanted it because you were essentially making them nar classes.

Graß

Post by Graß »

Sith is offline for 1hr. He doesnt like snowtrooper with flechette so it's removed.
@duo maybe, but these classes are usefull on nar so it's ok.

Explain to me what's wrong with making dead classes playable? Argument that no1 played them for 10 years is not argument for me. We played Korriban today. You said Korriban is bad. I asked if u want that balance/classes and u answered yes. Lol, fuck logic. I can rename korriban to korriban_g and upload as mine with different classes. Is that better for you? You will need to download it then.

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

Graß wrote: You said Korriban is bad. I asked if u want that balance/classes and u answered yes. Lol, fuck logic.

I didn't say that I said leave it. We've played with these classes for years and adding new weapons, abilities or health changes the map, changing classes totally changes game play. So what if in 99% of cases offence chewie is a bad idea it's still a different option on the map and has its place you can't just change a class with the view of making it better. I think your missing the point it's a base map these are base classes you aren't fixing bugs.

Currently two of my maps yews Hoth classes and offence heavy weapons is a fairly good class on one of them the changes you have made may make that map unbalanced. I reckon other people might feel the same; PD uses Hoth classes too I quite often go snowtrooper on offence giving it a big bacta may well make that a much better class on that map too in a way that could make the map worse.

I spoke to Sith on Elysium in private chat when people were picking teams on Korri.

Graß wrote:but these classes are usefull on nar so it's ok.

Nar is a different map with completely custom classes.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Going to say it once: Who in their fucking right mind would let grab- of all people- change base classes AND upload the changes without consulting ANYONE??????????

I am really concerned about the future of siege if making such monumental changes is so easy.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Of all the maps to not fuck with Hoth is probably the big one.

Graß

Post by Graß »

Wow ppl complaining about these changes like it's reborn or jan changes. pls sk irl