New Pug Server

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!
ServerGuy

New Pug Server

Post by ServerGuy »

Hey. I have hosted a new pug server in Europe as an alternative to Sith's "Elysium Pug" for anyone who wants to pug without abusive admins forceteaming or kicking you in the middle of the game like I was told it happened again in a recent hoth pug. If you want to have some fun pugs without such things ruining the game then you should give it a try.

The server is currently hosted in France so it should have a nice ping for all Europeans and a decent ping for North Americans.

The IP address is: 212.129.45.245:28070
The password is the same that you are used to from pugs right now: pureping
The servername is: Siege Pug Europe

Console command string to connect: password pureping; connect 212.129.45.245:28070

That mod to fix the bugs of base and add class binds etc. is installed as are the most played custom maps such as Nar Shaddaa, "Eat Shower", pD etc.
If the server is missing a map that you wish to play then please tell me the name of the map (and ideally a download link to the current version). If there is anything else then feel free to post about it.

Everything on the server (minus the negative things I mentioned above) should be similar to what you are used to from playing pugs. Give it a try. :)

Regards
Last edited by ServerGuy on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Duo

Re: New Pug Server

Post by Duo »

I'm not opposed to having more servers, but

1. Why are you using an alias? Who gives a fuck about aliases in 2015? Just yews your name. I'm definitely not playing on a server with an open-source mod run by an anonymous host. Backdoor hacks inc.
2. Why Germany? Worse ping for Americans. Should be as far west as possible. Americans always host server as far east as possible for best Euro pings.
3. Why are you running base_enhanced? It has more bugs and less features than base_entranced.

As a side note, the guy who was forceteaming yesterday was not Sith, and has had his rcon revoked.
Last edited by Duo on Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Nah.

Ýô

Post by Ýô »

Its welcome

Duo wrote: the guy who was forceteaming yesterday was not Sith, and has had his rcon revoked.

i dont think he deserved to lose his rcon for just a rcon selfkill when owner of the server does worse things like threaten ppl to play certain classes or kick :roll:

Duo

Post by Duo »

Ýô wrote:Its welcome

Duo wrote: the guy who was forceteaming yesterday was not Sith, and has had his rcon revoked.

i dont think he deserved to lose his rcon for just a rcon selfkill when owner of the server does worse things like threaten ppl to play certain classes or kick :roll:

has he actually kicked people for that though?

i threaten to ban people if they don't change class all the time.

and i don't even have rcon :lol:

ServerGuy

Post by ServerGuy »

Duo wrote:I'm definitely not playing on a server with an open-source mod run by an anonymous host. Backdoor hacks inc.

What? With that logic you could not play on any server other than your own because you can't know which mod version/binaries others servers are using, including Elysium.
The game would be seriously flawed if you had to worry about connecting to a server run by someone else. But fortunately that's not the case, so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Duo wrote:Why Germany? Worse ping for Americans. Should be as far west as possible. Americans always host server as far east as possible for best Euro pings.

Server location has been changed to France. :)

New IP is 212.129.45.245:28070

Duo

Post by Duo »

ServerGuy wrote:
Duo wrote:I'm definitely not playing on a server with an open-source mod run by an anonymous host. Backdoor hacks inc.

What? With that logic you could not play on any server other than your own because you can't know which mod version/binaries others servers are using, including Elysium.
The game would be seriously flawed if you had to worry about connecting to a server run by someone else. But fortunately that's not the case, so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

It's all about trust. We know who the owner of Elysium is. His reputation is on the line with his server, so if we determined he had some shitty backdoor, we would know to no longer trust him.

A malicious anonymous host has nothing to lose.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

ServerGuy wrote:

Well, actually, he's right. It would be quite simple for you to make discrete changes to the game through the open-source mod you're running. As we don't know who you are, we don't know if you can be trusted. I can't see any private games being played at your server while this is the case. To be honest, I think this community already has an aversion to people who alias anyway.

I'm not completely against the idea of another server, but I do think it's a bit unnecessary. We have Sith's server (provided no one abuses admin), and when it goes down we were using my server for pugs.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Don't mind me, just the guy with the pug server that has been up for 3 years and never had a single madmin issue.

ServerGuy

Post by ServerGuy »

Laser wrote:As we don't know who you are, we don't know if you can be trusted.

When you play online games then you connect to servers of unknown hosts all the time. Just because the reborn boss Academy community is very small that doesn't suddenly make it dangerous.

Duo wrote:It's all about trust. We know who the owner of Elysium is. His reputation is on the line with his server, so if we determined he had some shitty backdoor, we would know to no longer trust him.

A malicious anonymous host has nothing to lose.

I'm trying to provide a more friendly alternative to Sith's server, an alternative where you don't have to subject yourself to admin abuse like on Elysium. I don't know why anyone still plays on that server.

And reborn boss Academy or the Q3 engine have no such security flaws that you would have anything to worry about as a client, so this discussion is kind of pointless.
Last edited by ServerGuy on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.