Improved Hoth

Discuss siege map projects.
Duo

Improved Hoth

Post by Duo »

Any interest in making an improved/modified Hoth map? I think the hangar would benefit from some design changes. It's kind of a shitty obj.

This would not replace base Hoth, of course. It would be a separate map.

Caesar

Re: Improved Hoth

Post by Caesar »

Not hoth, just the hangar. A second door possibly. That is all that is needed.
Last edited by Duo on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic

Duo

Post by Duo »

No flamewars here pls

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Oh-ho-ho. Hoth's problem is not only the midget door.
- 1st obj model clipping (not sure if you have fixed it yet or not)
- 2nd obj easily rushable if not rushed, too easy to defend for hard core palyers
- 4th obj door sizes of data room are too small imo
- 5th obj midget door, and that annoying claw-like thingy should go, if you are at it please make the seeable caulk texture go
- 6th obj I always get raged at for too low ceiling in my maps, and while it's true this objective has a bigger room, in most places the ceiling is very low, especially right after the elevator

At the moment only this many comes to mind, but I am sure we will find something else.

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Xeon has some excellent points, especially about the second obj being too easily rushed/defended.

I would like to see the claw stay in the hangar. I shoot that all the time as D jan to get a good dispersal of electricity around the room.

LORD

Post by LORD »

Lets just remove shields from jan.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Removing shields will double spam of all kinds.

Duo

Post by Duo »

LORD wrote:jan

Glad to see people are using the proper siege terminology.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

1st obj - make the middle slightly more easy terrain. I'm pretty sure the developers wanted the atst to go up the middle, but often I see people j3rk driving and getting stuck.

2nd obj - perhaps make this harder to rush. Make the ion hack more sheltered (or perhaps just shorter) so it's easier to open in case of hc bridge defence vs retarded offence. I'd also like to see the 'doors' to the actual bridge control be a bit bigger.

4th obj - the only change I'd like to see is the defence not being able to shoot at the jan's door from the spawn. This seems to encourage desperation spam quite often. I've specced a few players (not naming) who just prefire doors ALL the time. I'd like to make that harder.

5th obj - this objective is retarded, start from scratch.

6th obj - make the ceiling higher just off the lift. Give the offence team WAY more room (again, spammers). Give the defence team further to travel to get to lift; I personally don't think it's a good tactic (good of the game, not in a competitive sense) to have a jan place a shield over the lift on every spawn before the offence can even get up. It's already a tight race, 3 or 4 seconds would be fine. Take that console that you can stand on and shoot rockets over while being protected by the console itself, away from such a clutch area, or just remove it.
Last edited by Laser on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

Laser wrote:1st obj - make the middle slightly more easy terrain. I'm pretty sure the developers wanted the atst to go up the middle, but often I see people j3rk driving and getting stuck.

2nd obj - perhaps make this harder to rush. Make the ion hack more sheltered (or perhaps just shorter) so it's easier to open in case of hc bridge defence vs retarded offence. I'd also like to see the 'doors' to the actual bridge control be a bit bigger.

3rd obj - the only change I'd like to see is the defence not being able to shoot at the tesh's door from the spawn. This seems to encourage desperation spam quite often. I've specced a few players (not naming) who just preference doors ALL the time. I'd like to make that harder.

4th obj - this objective is retarded, start from scratch.

5th obj - make the ceiling higher just off the lift. Give the offence team WAY more room (again, spammers). Give the defence team further to travel to get to lift; I personally don't think it's a good (good of the game, not in a competitive sense) to have a tesh place a shield over the lift on every spawn before the offence can even get up. It's already a tight race, 3 or 4 seconds would be fine. Take that console that you can stand on and shoot rockets over while being protected by the console itself, away from such a clutch area, or just remove it.

What an idiot this guy is doesn't even know the objectives on Hoth.